The Hunters Queen - Book Two Excerpt

Hello! I hope you are enjoying this series so far. The next book in this series will be The Hunter's Queen. Can our evil werewolf Vincent Shaw redeem himself?

Coming Spring 2015!

The Hunter's Queen Excerpt

With a sigh Vincent rolled his eyes and stood up slowly, wincing with the strain. Sitting down in the chair by the bed he gave her a dark look. "Are you going to clean the bed or not, girl?"

Eve's temper flared, replacing her embarrassment with annoyance. "You don't have to be rude. I did save your life you know."

That seemed to surprise him. His eyes widened slightly before he grinned. "Aye, that you did. Now be a dear and make my bed. Maybe if you're really good I'll even let you give me a bath."

That knocked her off balance. He wanted her to bath him? The thought shouldn't have excited her as much as it did. "I bathed you this morning," she blurted, hurriedly rushing to strip down the bed.

Vincent chuckled from behind her. "Is that so? You enjoyed yourself I trust?"

"You were sick with fever," she whispered, laying a clean sheet over the bed. She yelped as two strong arms suddenly wrapped around her waist, pulling her backward and onto his lap. "Vincent?"

His head dropped down to her neck, breathing her in. "You smell like honeysuckle," he murmured against her skin, sending shivers up her spine. "Next time you give me a bath, I'll make sure you enjoy it more."

She thought she might faint. Her mind was reeling from this man. He went from grumpy to frightening to downright seductive all in the breath of a few minutes. "Uh...are you feeling alright?" Her body trembled as he nuzzled the skin behind her ear.

"Mmm...very well." His hot tongue lapped at her skin. She jumped at the contact, a soft sound in her throat. That felt good, so good.

What was he doing? "Vincent?"

"Your taste," he growled. His mouth latched onto the soft spot of her shoulder, sharp fangs scraping her skin. With a groan deep in his chest he sucked hard.

"Oh!" Eve's stomach jolted, hot heat pooling between her thighs. She wiggled her hips, desperate for relief.

Vincent grunted, a big hand pressing flat against her stomach, holding her tight. "Be still."

"I can't," she keened.

"Responsive little thing," he rumbled. His hand trailed downward, cupping her fully between her thighs over her thin dress.

Her hips bucked. The pleasure! A moan fell from her lips.

Vincent's own hips moved beneath her, rocking against her backside. "I'm half-dead and you're making me hard as fuck, girl."

A thrill ran through her. She could feel him beneath her, thick and hard. She did that to him!

His lips trailed up her cheek, hitting the rim of her glasses. He raised his head and frowned down at her. "I hate your glasses."

That hurt.

Her desire evaporated. She had been teased and taunted over her glasses through much of her younger life. To her extreme disappointment her eyesight never improved before she reached immortality.

"I can't see without them," she mumbled, dropping her gaze.

Vincent reached up, slipping a finger under her glasses and pulling them off her nose. Immediately her vision blurred.

"That's too bad," he murmured huskily. "You might even be pretty if not for these." He tossed her glasses onto the bed as if they offended him.

Her chest pinged painfully at his insult. She couldn't change the way she was. Tears welled in her eyes, even though she tried desperately not to cry. His words shouldn't hurt that much. She shouldn't care what this wolf thought of her.

But she did.

She looked up at him, realizing that he was watching her carefully. "Why are you crying?" he asked softly.

Anger welled inside her. "I'm not crying. And I can't help it if I'm not pretty." She shoved against his chest roughly. Vincent let her go with a grunt. She stood briskly and snatched up her glasses. "I don't need someone like you to remind me of the fact!"

She slammed her glasses back on her nose and turned to finish making the bed. Embarrassment had her stomach churning. Eve didn't know what the hell had just happened, but it certainly wasn't going to happen again!

Vincent watched her quietly before asking slowly, "Evelyn?"

She spun around and glared at him. "What?"

He ran a hand through his hair and shook his head, as if trying to clear it. "What was in that potion?"

She blinked at him before smacking herself on the forehead. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I forgot about the side effects!"

"Side. Effects?" He punctuated each word as he glowered up at her. "What side effects, Evelyn?"

"Uh..." She twisted her hands nervously as she offered him a shaky smile. "You're going to feel out of it for a while. If you start seeing bright colors, don't panic."