Chapter 8

"I can't believe you!!" Molly yelled at me, angry that I went after Jake.

"Listen, it's not my fault." I pleaded with her, she wasn't happy at all, just as I had expected.

She stared at me for a moment tears forming in her eyes, "No!! Cause nothings ever your fault!!! Nothing ever comes back to you, does it? Your just absolutely perfect!!"

"Molly..." before I could finish my sentence she had already stormed away. Her long brown hair flowing freely through the hall. That wasn't how I planned it to go.

I didn't say anything, I didn't chase after her or text her. I just went about my day. I tried to avoid her for the rest of the day and it was quite easy since she didn't want to talk to me either.

It wasn't until around 10 at night that my phone buzzed. It was on my night stand charging. I had been working on a science project that I hadn't even started until 9:30.

I looked over, trying to decide whether to pick it up or just leave it. I already knew who it was without even checking. After a long moment of consideration, I picked up my phone.

To my surprise it wasn't Molly. It was her best friend, my ex girlfriend:

Katie: Hey. Sorry to bother you so late but do you know where Molly is?

Me: No...why?

Katie: She was supposed to meet me at the movie theater at 9:45... She isn't here.

Me: Well did you talk to her parents?

Katie: Yeah, they said she left about 20 minutes ago...it only takes 5 to get to the movie theater from her house...

Me: I'm going to look for her!

Katie: Text me if you find anything. I'm going to look around here again.

Me: Ok.

I stood up from my bed and knocked my project off of it. It broke into several little pieces scattered across my floor. I looked back to see what the noise was and found myself thinking about fixing it but then ran out my bedroom door.

I had made it to my front door and was starting to put on my shoes when my mother stopped me, "What the heck are you doing?!"

"Mom not now! I have to go!" I said still playing with my laces, trying to tie them with my shaky hands.

"Not now!! Axel! Who do you think you are talking to! I am your mother! You need to tell me what you are doing, going out in the middle of the night, on a school night, no less!" She lectured.

I rolled my eyes and answered her first question, still tying my shoes, "Molly has gone missing! I have to help look for her!" I started putting my arms into the sleeves of a jacket that I had gotten out of the closet.

My mother was quiet, she obviously wasn't expecting that as my response. She probably thought I was trying to sneak out to hang out with my friends but that wasn't the case at all.

Without another word I was out the door. I thought I would check the park first, only because that's the only place I could think of. My side was sending pain throughout my body but my worry was the only thing I was paying attention to.

When I got to the park a saw a tall shadow standing in front of a tree. I could hear them talking and as I got closer I could see another figure being pushed up against the tree.

As I slowly and quietly moved even closer I saw a small knife that the tall figure was holding. That's when it hit me that the two figures were Molly and Jake...

Trapped by my choicesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara