Part 1: Start of something new

The Abbey was always quiet around this time. All the Nun's were in the chapel praying. I was the only one walking around taking in the beautiful views from outside of the Abbey. 21 years ago I was brought here by my grandmother. My mother died after giving birth and my grandmother was too ill to look after me so the Nun's brought me up. They had taught me everything, but from a very young age, I was adamant that I was not going to be a nun. Instead I chose to be a maid. I got sent out to many different families and cooked, cleaned, ironed and washed all their clothes. I even helped the ladies of the house get ready. I started doing it when I was 16 and I have only ever been to one family but they recently moved so I came back. All the sisters welcomed me back with open arms. Sometimes, I would even come back on a Sunday and cook them all a meal to show how much I appreciate what they have done for me. After all, they are my family.

As I was walking back to my room, I heard someone shout my name. "Y/n!". I turned around to see Sister Maria walking towards me. "My dear child, I have some news for you" she said as I followed her into her study. "Sister, what good news might this be?" I asked waiting to be seated. "Please sit my dearest y/n" she beckoned for me to sit. I slowly sat looking at her with excitement in my eyes. I was the type of person to get excited very easily. "A family have heard good things about how you do things and they have requested that you go there immediately. They are picking you up tonight" she said keeping her eyes on me. "Are they nice? And may I ask their name?" I said with my hands crossed. "Mr and Mrs Holland. They have 4 boys, the eldest being your age. They are lovely people and they love music". My eyes widened when the last two words left her mouth. I played the Piano and Flute and I adored music. The family before didn't like music so I wasn't allowed to play. "They will be arriving in an hour" Sister Maria said to me. "I'll go and make sure I'm ready Sister" I said as I stood up and made my way to the door. "Come back here when you're finished and hopefully they will be here" she said softly as I closed the door.

I walked to my room and started packing. There wasn't much to pack but I still made sure I had everything. When I was finished, I took everything and made my way back to Sister Maria's study. I could hear people chatting. I knocked softly and opened the door. "Ah, Mr Holland, this is y/n. Your new maid" she proudly said. I bowed. "It is a pleasure to meet you sir". "Please, call me Dom" he said as her reached his arm out. I slowly raised and shook his hand. "Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded. He picked up my bags and put them into the boot of his car. I hugged Sister Maria and the other sisters that were there to wave me off. "Go and show them what you can do my dearest" Sister Maria whispered to me. "Thank you" I said as I got into the car. As we started to go, I waved to everyone. This was the start of something new.