Part 9: Best Friend

"Sister Maria!" I said while hugging her. "Y/n my dear. How are you?" She said hugging me back. "I'm very well thank you. How are you?" I replied. "I'm happy to see you're happy. I know it must of been hard to go away and be haunted by what happened last time". She looked me straight in the eye. How did she know? "I...I don't know what you are on about" I stuttered out. "Y/n, Mrs Holland told me. She was worried and wanted you to feel safe" she said taking both off my hands in hers. I started to well up. "Why didn't you tell me my dearest? I could of helped" she said. " I know but I didn't want you to worry. Anyway, I am getting help and it is working". I smiled through the tears. "Good, but please remember I am always here". I hugged her tightly. "Thank you!" I said hugging her back tighter. "Anyway, there is someone waiting to see you" She said as she walked into the court yard.

"Jack" I shouted as I ran towards  him. Jack was my only friend growing up. I classed him as my brother because we were really close. We met when we were younger. I use to sit next to the gates and watch the world go by when one day he came and sat the other side. We talked all day long and we immediately connected. From that day, we talked everyday and got to know each other better. He was the person who showed me around the town when I was old enough to leave the Abbey. Additonally, he was the first person I told about what happened and he tried to help me but I kept pushing him away so he left. But now he was here. Here in front of me. "Hello y/n" he said pulling me into a hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I knew you were with a new family and I wanted to check up to see if they were alright. Sister Maria has filled me in. I'm so happy for you! Your cheeky smile has come back and I know you're happy" he said still hugging me. I never wanted to let go.