Part 4: Mrs Holland Knows

Dinner was scrumptious. The best meal I've ever had! "So y/n, how long have you lived at the Abbey?" Mrs Holland politely asked. "My whole life. My mother died when I was born and my grandmother was too ill to look after me so I ended up in the Abbey" I replied trying to hold back the tears. "Oh darling. I'm so sorry" she responded. "It's okay. I've been happy" I forced a smiled. I was partially lying. My life in the Abbey was great until I was a maid for my first family. "How about your Father?" Paddy asked. "Apparently he didn't want to know me". I sniffled a little. I didn't want to make a fool of myself on my first night. "If everyone is finished, I'll clear these" I said standing up. I needed to take my mind of the subject. "I'll help you" Sam said getting up. "No you don't have to. I am your maid" I gulped and walked into the kitchen with the plates.

Once the washing up was done, I started cleaning the table and polishing the cutlery. "Y/n, it's 10oclock. You can go to bed" Mrs Holland said behind me. "No it's okay" I replied continuing what I was doing. I had to continue cleaning. I didn't want to piss off my new family. "Y/n. Please" she said calmly. I had to obey them. "Of course Madam" I curtsied and left the room. "Something has happened" Mrs Holland said to herself. Once in my room, I got undressed and into my nighty. I knelt next to the bed and started praying. "Dear God, please keep me safe. I know this family is gentle and kind even if I have just met them but I can't help thinking it's going to happen again. Please don't let me get beat again. Amen. I got into bed and cuddled down. Little did I know, Mrs Holland heard everything.