Part 10: Goodbye

"No way! What is her name?" I excitedly asked. "Laura" Jack replied. Sister Maria had invited Jack for dinner so we could catch up. I had told him all about the Holland's and now he was telling me all about his fiancé. "I'm so happy for you!" I said hugging him. "When's the wedding?" I asked. "Um...next week" he said pulling away from me. "That's amazing! But why the glum face?" I asked him concern. "She doesn't want you there" he sadly said not making eye contact with me. "Pardon?". "I talk about you so much and she is sick of it. I'm so sorry y/n. I tried" he said knowing I was hurt. "Not hard enough" I muttered. "If you don't mind, I would like to spend some time with Sister Maria" I said getting up, trying not to let the tears flow. "Y/n pl..." Jack started but I cut him off. "Please go". I stood still. "I'm sorry". He tried to touch my arm but I pulled away. "I guess this is goodbye" he said turning around. "Good luck Jack" I cried while closing the door behind me. Sister Maria pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry my dear" she said stroking my hair. I had just lost my best friend.

"I will see you next Sunday my dear" Sister Maria said as I got into the car. "Bye!" I waved. Last night was still playing on my mind. I understand he loves her but how could she not let him have his best friend at his wedding? "Miss, we are back" Mr Bennett said as he pulled up outside the Holland's. "Thank you sir". I got out and walked inside. "Y/n! How..." Tom started but I walked passed him and up to my room. "Y/n" he called after me but I ignored him. He started to follow me. Not even a minute later, a knocking sound came on my door. "Y/n, please may I come in?" Tom asked. "Yeah" I mumbled. He walked in and came and sat on my bed next to me. "I'm sorry" I said crying. "Hey hey. Darling what's wrong?" He asked hugging me. "I've lost my best friend" I cried into his chest. "Aww love. What happened?" He asked. I pulled away and told him everything.

"Seriously? She hasn't even met you and she's already judging you" he said as I finished. "I know. But I guess he will chose her over me any day" I cried. "Y/n, if he does that, then he isn't worth it. Any one would be stupid to chose someone else over you. You are amazing and beautiful". His hand started to get closer to mine. I looked into his eyes. "T..." I started but he cut me off. "Shh" He said as he started to close the gap between us.