Part 6: Anger

After mine and Mrs Holland's chat, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. No one was ever willing to help me overcome my demons and to think someone that I had only met 15 hours before could help me, made me tear up. I knew Sister Maria would, but I never told her. "My dearest y/n, where did those bruises come from?" She asked the day I came back from my first family. "Oh...I fell down the stairs this morning. But don't worry, I'm okay Sister" I replied with a fake smile. I knew she knew I was lying but she never pressured me to tell her.

Mrs Holland made us both a cup of tea and we sat and chatted for a while. Suddenly a knock came at the door. "Enter" Mrs Holland said, raising her voice a little. Tom came in looking a little annoyed. "Ah y/n there you are! I would like to ask you a question" he said with a hint of anger in his voice. "Um..sure" I responded nervously. "When are you going to make my breakfast? We haven't employed you for nothing you know". His eyes were filled with anger. I quickly put my cup down and stuttered out, "I...I'm s...so s...sorry sir. I...I'll do it right away". I started walking towards the door. "Thomas Stanley Holland! You apologise this instant!" Mrs Holland sternly said. "But mother, she's our maid and it's only her first day!". He then turned to me. "Or I least she's meant to be. Be surprised if you actually last. What are you still doing here!". He gave me a dirty look. I ran quickly to the kitchen and started to make his breakfast.

Tom's POV:
I instantly felt guilty but I couldn't lose my pride. I had to keep the anger up. "I never brought you up to treat anyone like this Tom!" Mother shouted at me. "I'm sorry! I don't know what came over me" I shouted back. "Don't you dare shout at me young man. I want you to go and apologise immediately! Else you will be forced into an arranged marriage!" Mother responded with fire raging in her eyes.