Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The world slowly started to come back into focus.

I started to make out a face looking down at me.

Slowly the face shaped blob turned into a boy.

Then the boy turned into Ben.

"What happened?" I murmured.

I ached all over but I couldn't remember what I had done to myself to cause that.

Ben smiled down at me sadly.

"Alex," he replied simply. "I wouldn't move yet. You must be bruised all over." He said softly.

I tried to make out where we were, but my eyes didn't want to focus long enough for me to recognise the area.

"Where are we?" I asked weakly. "

In my studio," he replied, getting up and walking away. "I carried you here. I could hardly leave you unconscious on the ground outside."

I felt that warm feeling I had felt so often when I had been near him. It was almost healing.

It started to ease some of the pain.

He had carried me here. I owed so much to him.

He came back over with a bottle of water and held it to my lips while I drank.

"Can I try to get up?" I asked him once he had put the bottle away.

"It will hurt, a lot," he warned.

"I'm used to pain," I replied with a weak smile. "The black eye was a little present from my dad."

He looked sadly at me, and I saw the streak of anger reappear in his eyes.

"Ok then. Let's get you up."

He moved around and carefully helped me into a sitting position on the pile of sponges.

"Ready?" he said.

I nodded and with his support, pulled myself to my feet.

My body was protesting with all its might, but I knew I had to keep going.

"Are you ok?" he said, still supporting me.

"Just about, I think," I said, smiling at him.

To be honest, he was holding most of my weight, and the contact with his body was doing wonders to help the pain.

He slowly moved to face me, holding my hips to support me.

"You are such a brave person." he said quietly, looking into my eyes.

All I could do was smile weakly at him.

Looking deep into his eyes, I saw them flicked down to my lips briefly before connecting with mine again.

As if someone was pushing us together, I started to move towards him, and he started to move towards me. He rested his forehead on mine briefly, before capturing his lips in mine.

They slowly started to move in sync, and Ben pulled me closer to him, removing any gap between us.

His tongue then traced over my lips, before slipping in and starting to dance with my own.

As we stood there kissing, my whole body was filled with the warm feeling and tingles shot down my spine. In that second as we stood there, I suddenly realised what that feeling was, and what it meant.

I loved him.