Chapter 22 - Finale

---6 months later--- Although I didn't know it at the time, that visit to the care home was to change my life, more than I ever could have imagined.

After that, I visited almost every day.

The kids at the home accepted me, and began to become friends with me.

Eventually, spurred on by the other kids, I told Matt about my dad, and within 2 weeks, I was the newest resident in the care home.

When I suddenly wasn't there anymore, dad seemed to get a wakeup call.

He comes to see me every month, and for the first time in my life, he told me that he loved me and was proud of me.

I told him about Alex and his gang at school, and I believe they met my dad.

I don't know exactly what happened, but the important thing is that they haven't laid a finger on me since.

As for Ben, need you ask?!

Soon after I started visiting the care home, he asked me out.

I think that the other kids couldn't bear to see us as close to a couple as you can get, yet not a couple and so badgered Ben endlessly to ask me out until he agreed.

As soon as I said yes, they came charging into the room, obviously waiting for that magic word before making an entrance, shouting "kiss, kiss, kiss!"

So we did!

I'm sure that neither of us will forget that moment for the rest of our lives!

Bullying is evil, and must be stopped at all costs, but amongst all the evil, there will usually be something good, if you look hard enough.

If I hadn't been bullied, I wouldn't have met Ben, and then I'd still be my dad's slave.

But now, my future looks so bright, you would never have believed that 6 months ago, I was the wimpy, silent nerd covered in bruises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone :)

I just wanted to thank you for reading my story, it means a lot to me that you took the time to read to the end. I would be really grateful if you could comment on the story, I would love to know what you think of the story. Also, if you liked it, please vote for the story, it makes me really happy :) Thanks again!

Love Catherine <3