Bucky - I'll Be Here

I watched the peaceful waves in the night as I curled up on the soft sand that was slipping through my toes.

How nice would it be to just be as peaceful as the ocean? I wouldn't have to keep up with the dramatic people in my life or have a care in the world at all.

I heard someone clear their throat, and turned my head toward the sound.

"I figured you'd be here," he said, sitting beside me.

The way the moonlight illuminated his blue eyes, made me feel at home. I couldn't exactly describe how it felt like, looking into his eyes.

The best way I could describe it was just that it meant that he was here. He was here with me and he wasn't going anywhere.

"Yeah," I whispered back, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Steve sent you?"

"Yep," he replied, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "It's pretty cold out here, yeah?"

I shrugged.

"Here," he put his jacket on me. "You're shivering."

"But-"

"Hey, it's okay," he murmured, pressing a kiss on the top of my head. "I'll be okay. I'm called The Winter Solider for a reason," he said, chuckling lightly.

A smile crept onto my face, and I made sure that he didn't see that his cliche pun had an effect on me. I snuggled up into him, making him wrap his flesh arm around me. "Thanks."

"No problem, doll."

We were quiet for a while, just looking into the distance, observing the way the waves hit the shore.

"So... you wanna talk about it?" he asked, breaking the silence.

I shook my head no. "I don't feel like talking," I explained.

"That's okay. I'll be here, whether you want to talk or not," he told me.

"I know," I said with a small smile.

"There's that beautiful smile," he said, grinning.

"Oh, stop it." I blushed, hiding my face away from his sight.

"Aw, are you blushing?" He played with my hair softly. He managed to make me face him by lifting my chin up.

I counted the colors in his eyes as I felt him inch closer and closer.

Just as we were about to kiss, he pulled back a little bit.

"I love you, you know that?" he breathed out, looking into my eyes deeply.

I took a deep breath, before sighing happily. "I love you, too, you dork."

He smiled, before pressing a gentle kiss on my lips. He pulled back after a few seconds, and I felt myself pulling him down by the neck ever so slightly, and his lips meeting mine one more time.

And that's how we stayed the whole night. Sitting on the sand as we kissed, him playing with my hair, us watching the waves and looking up at the stars.

"Doll, you know that I'll always be here, right?" he questioned, breaking the silence.

I shot him a look of worry, and he sighed.

"I'm just saying that, whatever happens - if I get killed in action, or, I don't know, get eaten by a bear or something - I'll always be here," he paused, brushing a strand of my hair away from my face. "Even though I might not be here physically, I'll be watching over you."

"What got you into thinking about this?" I asked, intertwining our hands, looking up at him.

He smiled. "Nothing, really. I just feel like you need to know that 'cause we never know what's gonna happen."

"You're right." I nuzzled into the crook of his neck. "Stay for as long as you can, though. I still need you here with me."

"I'll try my best."