Steve - Falling For You

A/N: This was inspired by the song Fallin' All In You by Shawn Mendes (which you guys should listen to because it's amazing). I put the lyric video up there :D
------------
"Steve!" you exclaim, needing to be in your boyfriend's arms right about now.

You hear the sound of loud footsteps hitting the wooden floor before a head poke out of a corner. "Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"I was showering! We have reservations at seven, remember?" Steve explains frantically, blushing.

Right. You've forgotten about the date because of how shitty your colleagues have been treating you these past few days.

"Totally. Of course I remember that," you lie straight through your teeth. "I'm gonna shower if you're not going to."

"Wait! I still have soap on my body. I came out as soon as you shouted 'cause I thought you were hurt," he says, smiling sheepishly. "You're not, though, right?" He frowns.

"Not physically," you sigh.

"Don't tell me they've been treating you badly again," he says, his blue eyes boring deep into yours, trying to see if you were lying or not.

You stay quiet.

"I knew something like this would happen," he pauses, deep in thought. "Give me a moment." He rushes back to the bathroom and you sit on the couch.

You wait patiently for your boyfriend to finish showering, and just about a minute later, he was out of the bathroom with only boxers on.

"Y/N, stop looking!" he says, a blush creeping up on his cheeks.

"Steve, we've had se-"

"That's true," he thinks to himself. "Fine. You have the right to stare at me since I love you."

You giggle, pecking him on the chest once you reach him. "You're so cute, you know that?"

He scoffs, saying,"Me? Cute? Hell no, honey."

"Did you just turn all sassy on me?" you say, laughing. "That was very un-Steve of you."

"Just wanted to cheer you up a bit. Seems to be working." He smiles, pulling you in for a hug. "What happened, sweetheart?"

"It's stupid," you conclude, snuggling into him even more. "I just wanted to hug you for a bit."

"Ah, okay." He pulls you in a little bit tighter and places a kiss on your forehead. "But really, tell me if anything's bothering you, alright?"

"Mhm," you respond, looking up at him. "I kind of want to stab each and every one of them with a spoon."

He laughs warmly. "Don't get blood on your dress. We have a date tonight."

"Did you just agree to me commuting a crime?" you ask in disbelief.

He nods.

"What's gotten into you today, Rogers? You don't seem too much like yourself," you point out. "Something wrong?"

"Nope," he replies. "I just realized- I don't even know how to say this," he trails off, chuckling nervously. "I realized how much... we've gone through together, you know?"

You can't help but grin.

He's been feeling this way for a few months now. He hasn't told you that whenever you smile, he's always frighting off the urge to smile as well. He hasn't told you that whenever you cry, his heart breaks. He hasn't told you that whenever your eyes meet, he feels his stomach doing somersaults.

He hasn't told you that he's loved you all this time. He hasn't told you because - as cheesy as it sounds - he's scared of how you'll react. He's scared that he'll just scare you off because his feelings are undoubtedly developing too quickly for his own good.

At least that's what he thinks.

He doesn't know that whenever you see him, you feel butterflies in your stomach. He doesn't know that whenever he's away, you always spray his cologne on basically everything you own just to have the feeling of him there with you. He doesn't know that whenever his baby blue eyes look into yours, your heart skips a beat.

He doesn't know that you feel the same way, and that's because you haven't told him either.

You see his eyes search yours, looking for some sort of answer. What are you going to say? That you loved him?

"Y/N," he says, snapping you back into reality. "You bring out a different kind of me, the best kind, and I'd just like to thank you for that.

"I'm supposed to be saving this for the date, but fuck it," he whispers to himself. "I thought I knew it all, found love, but I was wrong because that thing with Nat wasn't love," he confesses.

He and Natasha went out for a couple of months and the connection between them was definitely real, but they decided to just stay friends in the end.

"This is love," he tells you. "What we have here. That's love in my eyes. I honestly can't imagine my life without you in it.

"And... I don't know. I'm falling for you, Y/N."