Pietro - Stargazing

A/N: Hello, hello! I just wanted to say thanks for reading, voting, and commenting because it makes me really happy and soft and I appreciate it ❤️
---------------------
You sit on the balcony of the Avengers Tower, looking up at the night sky.

Stars have always been one of your favorite things. They never fail to amaze you and bring out a sense of peace in your heart.

"Can't sleep?" you hear a voice say, and you turn your head to see who the voice belongs to.

Pietro takes a seat beside you and reminds  you that's it's late, and that you should get some rest because you both have a mission tomorrow.

"Not tired," you reply briefly, avoiding his eyes.

He knows something's up, since you always seem to be a little bit more cheerful than how you are right now.

Maybe it's 'cause of the mission tomorrow, he thinks to himself, searching his brain for something to say that can make you feel better.

"Nervous?" he decides to say, looking at you. "Don't worry, I won't tell Sam."

Sam has always been like a big brother to you, and he knows that if he tells Sam about you being nervous or worried about a mission, Sam's never going to let you live that down.

You nod, still looking up. "The stars are pretty tonight."

"So are you," he replies smoothly, and you can't help but let a small smile creep on your face as you feel yourself blush.

"Stop it," you tell him, rolling your eyes and punching his side playfully.

"I won't stop until I get a smile out of you."

"Well, then you might as well just go to bed."

He sighs, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "Did something happen?"

You look down, afraid that he can see the fear written across your face.

The mission involves the both of you and Wanda going underground to infiltrate a Hydra base, and you're scared of what's going to happen.

If anything goes wrong, all of you are practically dead meat because one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s agents told you that they've just upped their security and weapons.

You shake your head no, and return to searching for constellations that you can recognize.

"It'll be okay," he assures you, as if reading your mind. "We'll be okay."

"You don't know that," you deadpan.

Being pessimistic about this whole thing really isn't that hard.

Seeing that you're looking up at the stars somewhat longingly, he says,"My mother used to tell us that the stars are always going to be there to look out for you."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm." He continues to stare at you with worry in his eyes.

"Do you like stars?"

He chuckles. "I do, actually."

"Why?"

"They just... they make me feel like I'm not alone, I guess. They also make me feel a lot calmer, usually."

"So you went out here cause you're nervous about the mission?"

"No, just that I can't sleep without you in my arms," he confesses, scratching the back of his neck.

"Are you worried, though?" You can't help but frown.

"Hey, look at me," he says softly. "Look at me, princess."

You reluctantly stare into his piercing blue eyes, and hate the fact that that single look into his eyes can break all your walls down.

"We're going to be okay," he repeats. "If anything goes wrong, we'll be able to handle it."

"How are you so sure?"

"'Cause we're badasses, obviously," he says, grinning. "Really, though. They have nothing on us, I mean, we're badass, and we're definitely gonna kick ass."

You almost laugh.

"Is that a smile I see?" he asks, smiling widely. "Come on, you don't have to hide it," he continues, pinching your cheek.

"You have to stop doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Saying things that make me wanna kiss you," you reply, finally smiling.

"Does that smile mean I get a kiss?"

"Maybe."

He laughs lightly. "Let's go back to bed, yeah?" he says, yawning. "We need all the sleep we can get."

"You're such a sloth."

"Says the girl who can barely catch up with me," he replies immediately, grinning.

"Shut up," you say, kissing him.