Loki - Garden

A/N: haven't been able to update cause of my IGCSEs, this doesn't exactly have much of a context imo. School's sucking out my creativity. Sorry!
------------------
"Come see the gardens with me, love," I heard Loki whisper from behind me. "I'm sure you'll like it." He held out a hand for me to hold, and with our hands intertwined, we walked to the back of the palace.

I breathed in the scent of various flowers, and hummed in response. "This is beautiful," I said, scanning the place.

Flowers were grown on the sides of the paths, and most of them were yellow. I couldn't figure out why, but I knew that it meant something to Loki.

"Yellow was my mother's favorite color," he said, as if reading my mind. "Sometimes it's as if I can still see her picking out a few for the small vase in her bedroom." He smiled sadly, and I saw tears pool in his eyes, almost spilling out.

I smiled at him and grabbed his hand. "Follow me."

I led him to a bench in the wide garden, and motioned for him to take a seat beside me.

"What is it, love?" he asked, clearly worried as he took my hand in his, lifting it up and kissing it softly.

"It's nothing," I answered, giving him a small smile. "I just wanted to remember this day."

He grinned. "The day where Thor isn't here to interrupt us at all?" he joked.

"That's definitely one reason for it," I replied, laughing.

Thor was on Earth with the Avengers, but Loki decided to get us to Asgard for a short break from the world.

Asgard was better than it ever was, as both Thor and Loki got to rebuild it on a clean slate. This made the people hopeful about what's about to come, seeing that their kings were doing such great things for the other realms.

They had a system for when one of them was going to protect Earth along with the Avengers and the other to stay here and make sure everything goes smoothly.

Now, it was Loki's turn to do so, and it wasn't until a few months that they could switch places.

"I just..." I trailed off, looking at the grass beneath my feet. "I don't want to go back just yet," I continued, resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you a lot."

He placed a kiss on my forehead and said,"By the time you get back, this place will have your favorite flowers."

"But isn't this a tribute to your mother?" I asked quickly.

"It can be a tribute to the most important people who are and were in my life," he explained. "Thor doesn't exactly show that he likes flowers, but I'm going to find out what his favorite is someday." A mischievous grin formed on his lips.

"I'm so telling him about that."

"Don't you dare!" he exclaimed, laughing. "I'm not letting you go to Midgard unless you promise me that you won't tell him."

"Good," I told him. "I don't think I can keep a secret," I lied.

"Love, you and I both know that you're terrible at lying."

"Yes," I admitted, smiling sheepishly,"but I'll do anything to stay with you here, even just for a few more days. I've missed you too much."

"We were apart for about five days, and we've been together for about eight."

"Are you complaining?" I asked, placing my hand on my heart to add to the dramatic effect.

"Not at all." He put his hands up in mock surrender, before going quiet. "Can I kiss you?"

"Loki, you're my boyfriend. Of course you can kiss me."

"I-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. I felt his hand caressing my cheek and my own tangling itself in his hair. The kiss was slow, yet held so much meaning. It felt as if it was my first kiss with him, and God knows how many times we'd actually kissed before that exact moment.

"Can we do that again?" he breathed out as we pulled away for a breath.

"Why are you asking if you could kiss me?"

"I didn't want to risk anything," he replied. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it."

I smiled, pecking him on the cheek. "I appreciate it."