Simple Acts of Evilness

"You are absolutely despicable," Demencia breathed, sliding down the back of her jumbo stereo.

"Funny. I didn't think you knew what that meant. I guess you learn something new everyday," Flug grinned beneath his bag.

Demencia only rolled her eyes in response. She stood up from her position by the stereo then loaded it onto the cart beside her.

"Don't ever try to play that trash in here again," Flug mumbled while she made her exit.

"Oh, whatever! You just don't know what true music is, nerd!"

The lab door slammed behind her. Flug then resumed the process with his newest invention. It wasn't special but it was sure to catch Black Hat's attention. It spewed acid... that's all he had for it right now. He would add more to it later for sure! He would eventually get there...

The doctor sighed while tapping his gloved fingers against the desk before him. He glanced up to the mark-filled calendar over his computer. Every single day had the word 'deadline' scrawled over it. It was almost threatening. Never had he missed one though. He was always ahead of schedule, just in case an emergency happened which would get him off track. Flug was always prepared.

The prototype below him suddenly popped, a flash of electricity, then smoke drifted out from within the destroyed object. Flug readjusted his goggles then looked at it closer. A pink wad of gum was stuffed into it, resulting in a malfunction. The sticky mess created a spider web of sugar and synthetic rubber.

"Dammit, Demencia!" Flug let out a groan while sinking into his chair.

"Welcome!" She called from down the hall. He growled, getting a tight grip on the desk. This was the issue. She was almost always the one to ruin his perfect schedule aside from the occasional Black Hat pranks and 5.0.5 mess ups. It was pretty funny if you thought about it though. Flug used the only spare time he had to modify Demencia into what she is today because he thought she'd actually be useful. He was wrong. Oh so wrong.

The doctor attempted to get a hold on to the mess of gum clogging the inside of the contraption. He wedged a gloved finger into it and it came back sticky and attached to several pink strings.

"How am I gonna fix this now..." he let out a long exhale. Flug could take a break. He had a few days before he'd run out of projects to turn in. It had been a while since he took one, too.

Without hesitating a second more, he reached for a black marker to cross out the current day and write 'off' over it. Not break. Anything that related to the word 'resting' irritated Black Hat to the point that he'd give him another project to begin just so he couldn't take a break. He had learned this over a decade ago. Not to say he hasn't made a few slip ups since then.

"Finally I get to treat myself," the poor guy mumbled to himself while feeling his eyelids droop. He hadn't had his cup of coffee this morning. Sleep felt so much better at the moment.

A loud bang against his lab door made him shoot out his chair instantly.

"Hey are you wanking in there?" Demencia called through the thick steel door. She managed to open the little slot near the top to peer through.

"No. I'm not." Flug rolled his eyes, staring back at Demencia through the slot.

"Well, Black Hat said that I need to "contribute" on something with you, since I got us all those purchases on the last broadcast!" She jumped from foot to foot behind the door, "so let me in!"

"Are you lying?" Flug questioned, just a tad bit skeptical of her news. Black Hat would usually tell him in person. Although, he had been quite busy lately with all the new viewers requesting new things.