Disagreements

"Baw..." The bear pawed at his father's lap.

Flug turned to 5.0.5 to see him staring at Demencia's arm. He looked as well then saw a long cut. It didn't look too bad and she probably hurt herself doing some metalwork earlier.

"Hey did you hurt yourself on the--" Flug trailed off as he watched what seemed to be a little cut turn into three long, deep, claw marks that extended up her forearm.

"Prototype..."

Demencia shook her head as she read her magazine.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to bandage that up?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't look like it..."

"I said I'm okay."

Flug had to ask something else, but it seemed like he was getting on her last nerve. Maybe he should just wait till later? No. Now. It would be healed over within a day or so and it'd look like nothing was ever there.

"Did Black Hat do that to you?"

She visibly crumpled the edges of her colorful magazine, ruining the face of one of the villains on the cover.

"Why do you keep doing this to yourself? Every single day you go into his office and every single day you come back with a damn bruise that I can't help but see! If you're just gonna take that you shouldn't even be working here!"

"You take it everyday too!" Demencia snapped back, tossing the paper aside.

"Because I can't defend myself! That's why I gave you super strength and everything above! So you could defend yourself! So you could be better than I could ever be!"

"Why would I even try to hurt our boss? He gave me a place to stay when no one else would and changed my life into something I actually want to live in!"

"No. He used you, and he still is."

The hybrid growled then suddenly kicked him in his side. He landed on the floor below them, the wind completely knocked out of him. She stepped over him and pulled him up by the collar of his shirt.

Several worried bear noises came from 5.0.5, who was watching from afar.

"Shut your fucking mouth! Just stop talking!" Demencia jabbed his chest with a finger, "You don't know him like I do! You don't know how he acts when no one else is around, so don't assume shit! Do you hear me?"

Flug stared back into her fierce eyes, slightly wanting to push her away. Her teeth were bared and her other hand was clenched into a tight fist.

"So don't you think for one second that you can talk bad about Black Hat just because he isn't around. I will defend him."

She leaped off of him then stomped out the room. Flug kept his mouth shut. His boss was away and no one would be able to stop her from ripping him to shreds. He would just have to let her cool down. The doctor took a moment to recuperate before picking himself up off the ground. The world seemed wavy for a bit but after Flug stood for a while he felt normal again.

"I hate her sometimes," Flug said to 5.0.5. The ursine nodded his head in agreement. The atmosphere was still a bit tense but he found it easier to relax now that she was gone.

It was also too quiet now. Her humming kept him sane and without her help in holding tools for him he probably couldn't make process.

Does this mean he'd have to chase after her?

Before he could think twice, he left the lab with 5.0.5 trailing behind him. The desolate halls made him feel paranoid. She could be lurking or just sitting in her room. No matter the area, he'd get her to stop being dramatic and help.