Home Sweet... Home

Being back home was good, Demencia missed it. Though after a few days, she grew tired of it once more. Being cooped up in the manor wasn't anything new, it was far from it. The vacation... or meeting was certainly needed.

Ever since she had come home she started trying to be more respectful towards Black Hat. Whenever he was around, that was. He seemed more absent, staying in his office most of the time. Instead of strolling through the halls like he had started doing, he returned to his normal self. Demencia had to admit, she enjoyed the come back. She was still coming to terms with the fact that he was stressed over her. She didn't think she even meant that much.

Demencia mindlessly ate from her popcorn, watching a pirated horror movie on her laptop. Flug was back to work, which meant she couldn't spend her days bumming around in his lab. As much as she would like to, she knew that it'd be better if she didn't visit at all. The pass few days were absolutely boring. She couldn't even bother 5.0.5. He was gone for longer than she thought he would be, and she wasn't able to ask Flug about it either.

She rolled onto her back, flexing her fingers in the air. Her nails had grown rather long, and definitely sharp. She studied them under her room's light, seeing the need for a manicure. Demencia sat up, grabbing a nail polish bottle off her night stand. She twisted off the top, releasing the brush from the deep, black liquid inside.

Demencia hummed, painting her nails... or claws. After finishing the second coat, she waved them in the air for a bit, blowing on them as well to try and speed up the drying process. She lied back down, careful of her hands. Demencia's mind went back to visiting someone in the manor. She could drop by Black Hat's... hopefully he'd save the insults.

She forced herself back up again, exiting her room. Demencia walked up the steps, leading straight to his office. She stepped up to the large double doors, knocking twice.

There wasn't a response, so she opened the doors, coming in.

Sitting far on the other side of the room was Black Hat, his fingers steepled. He stared directly at her.

It reminded her of the nights she'd be called in and marked by him. The scar on her neck and arm pained simultaneously. She brushed it away, smiling.

"Oh. I thought you were asleep."

"And you decided to come in anyways?"

"I would've just talked to your unconscious self."

Black Hat placed a sheet of paper infront of him, picking up a quill and proceeded to write. She walked up to him, peeking at what he had been up to.

"So you're telling me that if I put that doctor to work, it means you'll bother me?" He huffed, setting his quill back in it's holder.

"Well... no?"

"Usually you'd just go in there and bother him regardless of what he was doing..." Black Hat mumbled, waiting for the ink on the paper to dry.

"True... but not anymore."

"Why?"

"Mmm... dunno. And because I can change it up too," Demencia smiled.

"You're aggravating. I'm starting to be skeptical," he commented, rolling up the paper. "And I feel like this new change of yours involves Flug."

"Maybe." She whispered.

Black Hat turned, an eyebrow raised.

"--Not! Maybe not!" Demencia smiled, still looking suspicious.

He narrowed his eyes, "You know, now that I think about it, that makes sense."

"Funny. Funny that it does. I'm gonna go make a sandwich, see you later!" Demencia giggled, attempting to leave. As she reached the door, he began to speak again.

"Tell me, is this the beginning of a friendship?" Black Hat sounded as if he was about to gag from just saying the word.

"If we were friends, I would go in there! We aren't friends." She claimed.

Black Hat didn't seem to believe it, but instead began to write on another document.

"Fair enough," He said, not focusing on her anymore.

She opened the door, leaving him to his work. Demencia pouted, maybe having done more damage than intended. She was afraid he had already caught on to their gimmicks.

"Your fault anyways. Put us together on that project..." Demencia puffed out her cheeks, crossing her arms on her chest. "What'd you expect to happen?"

She stepped down the stairs, reluctantly looking over towards Flug's lab. Demencia attempted to convince herself that she wouldn't be a distraction... but she knew that wasn't the case. She was so bored. Her eyes rolled, in the process catching sight of the air vents.

Bingo.

Demencia snickered, bracing herself against the wall and beginning to clamber up the side of it. She popped the vent off, letting it fall with a 'clank'. She got her upper half in first, then pushed up into it fully using her legs. Her skin touched the freezing steel, causing her to slightly reel back off of it. She recomposed herself, trying to be as quiet as possible on her way to the lab's vents. Flug was well aware of what sound the vents made when she was traveling through them, so it was going to be a bit difficult to not alert him. Why she was going? She just wanted to see him without distracting him. Hopefully.

She stuck a hand forward into the darkness, blinking a few times, then knocking the side of her head on the ventilation shaft. Her sight flickered for a few moments before she could see using her night vision. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. She slithered through slowly, lowering herself down a drop in the vents. Her feet carefully hit the bottom. She looked through the side vent, recognizing the brightness of the room she was in. Demencia continued to move, finally reaching the middle of the lab's ventilation.

A sound was currently filling the room. Flug mumbling to himself? For sure. She smiled, though feeling a bit creepy because it was like she was spying on him. Demencia curiously looked through the vent slots, looking for him.

Flug stood at his workstation, silently working on something she wasn't able to see. She stared for a few moments before lifting her head up to peek further. He turned, holding some sort of nozzle contraption, then placed it on his desk. There was a lightbulb on it. She could not figure out what it was, but assumed it was very important. Like everything he made.

Flug stretched out his arms, rolling his shoulders and sighing to himself. Demencia really wanted to give him a massage or something. Maybe just drop off a cup of tea... anything! She felt helpless whenever she wasn't out doing assassinations.

After watching for a few more moments, she figured it was time for her to go. Didn't want to intrude or be weird.

She shuffled herself back through the vents, popping out where she had previously entered from. Demencia was now bored again.

That means she'd just have to keep marathoning horror movies until she could finally do something.