Not everything is what it seems

Flug came at the call of Black Hat. What did he need with him anyways? He had been on top of his work, and he certainly did not need to hear him bark at him about sales. With Demencia acting... a little strange lately, he didn't feel like dealing with his mindless screeching. He already had enough to worry about.

Over the recent days Demencia had hung out with him, she'd have this look in her eyes. Something of hunger, and he knew that look. It only shone when she desired eating people. He knew it was dangerous to stick around when she was like that, but when he brought it up she just brushed it off. If it wasn't bothering her, maybe he shouldn't be worried about it.

Hopefully.

Flug entered Black Hat's office, the ominous red glow of his room shook him slightly.

"You're here. Took long enough. Making us wait like that," he scoffed.

"Us? What do you mean, 'us'?" Flug questioned, turning to face Demencia.

"Oh. Hi." He threw up a hand.

She looked away looking as if she was trembling.

He hoped she was just cold. He really did.

"Black Hat, I have to go," she forced out. Her voice was strained. As if she was holding something back.

"And do what? Nothing. Sit down." He ordered, making a chair pull out using the shadows of the office. Demencia came over and took a seat. Flug took the seat right beside her.

Her eyes were trained on him, like she was looking at a piece of meat. This was serious. Maybe trying to get her off human meat completely was a bad idea.

Demencia stared at Flug. There was a ravenous growl coming from her stomach at the moment. Was it her stomach? She couldn't tell anymore. It was just a hunger.

"As I was saying, I wanted to call you two here to discuss the future of my business, and your jobs."

Some of the words Black Hat spoke just sounded like gibberish.

Oh God.

Was she really about to eat Flug? She looked over at Black Hat who didn't really seem to care about the feral look in her eyes at the moment.

Seeing her dear Flug after a few days definitely made the hunger worse. It spiked suddenly every time she got around him.

Black Hat rose from his seat, turning to look at his reflection in the red window. He continued to speak about her future assassinations and some bigger projects Flug would be doing.

All Demencia could really think about was Flug at the moment. It was bad.

Bad.

Her figure rose from the seat and towered over Flug's.

"Demencia! Sit down before we both-!" Flug whisper-yelled, but was cut off by her leaning over him and coming face-to-face. Her lips grazed against his, the tense air around them growing thicker by the moment.

Demencia smashed her lips against his, grabbing him by the shoulders and continuing the kiss. She couldn't help but grin. Surprisingly, she was becoming satisfied just from the kiss.

That was the hunger. That's why it hadn't felt right. She just really wanted to kiss him.

"Ahem." Black Hat cleared his throat behind him. She froze and Flug was still recovering from thinking he was going to die.

"You two are the rudest pair I've ever had enslaved," he snarled. Demencia turned her head, confused at how he wasn't biting off their heads already.

"Aren't you gonna... kill us?" She whispered.

"Not after all the work I put in for this. That's a waste of resources and time."

"What do you mean... all the work?" Flug pressed, confused as well.

Black Hat pinched the bridge of his nose. There was some grumbling from him before he feigned a wide smile.

"How dense. Can you be. I faked being jealous. Faked having a hatred for your not so well hidden... weird relations. It has been so painfully obvious. You guys are not sneaky at all." He mumbled.

"You're telling me you wanted us to fuck?" Demencia screeched. Her brain couldn't wrap itself around it. Black hat? He hated love!

He only shrugged in response, "I saw an opportunity to finally get things done around here so I took it."

Flug was stunned. Out of all the people, he wouldn't have expected Black Hat to be fine with them together.

"How does our relations get things done around here?" Flug frowned, partially annoyed.

"Contrary to what I've been saying, your work performances have been getting... more exceptional."

Demencia stared, bewildered.

"Y-you... you... fuck. I can't hate you, I mean, I can, I do, but holy shit." She sighed, still processing. "Haha! I really thought I massacred a whole city the other night. That got me bad, Black Hat."

"What?" He rose a brow.

"Oh shit." Demencia whispered.