Forbidden Innards

Demencia felt better.

That's all that mattered.

But when Flug had left her room earlier, she felt hungry. Hungry for something she shouldn't have given into.

When she came to, she was drenched in blood and passed out beside the front door. The moon was just above the horizon, and the sky was turning a light blue. Her heart raced as she looked over her hands, flipping them to see the insane amount of red covering herself. It couldn't be blood. It couldn't be.

She stood up, legs slightly sore and turned the knob of the front door. She walked in silently, stumbling slightly when stepping up into the manor. The door shut behind her as she continued on, feeling like some kind of mindless husk. There wasn't anything she was feeling except for a sense of being full. She knew what happened that night.

Demencia stripped from her clothes, letting them sit in a pile inside of her bathroom. She ran the water and instantly stepped in. The red turned the water into a coppery color, all of it swirling down the drain.

She felt unpleasantly full.

After the shower she spent a while hunched over the toilet bowl. What was emptied out brought her actions to light. They were obvious human remains. That only made her vomit more. Disgusted with herself, she trudged over to her bed and wrapped a blanket around herself. She felt naked and vulnerable. One of those was correct but the other was a side affect of just having fallen off the wagon.

After Flug left her room that night her stomach started twisting and turning, begging for that raw taste of flesh. She didn't like eating people. Well, she did, but was trying to quit because it screwed with herself and she wanted to make Flug happy.

She pulled the cover around her tighter, shivering and a chill creeping up her spine as she thought about eating again. She knew she went on a rampage. Why did her craving spike up the way that it had? Was it caused by something else? A feeling triggered it maybe?

After some tossing and turning, she found herself becoming tired once more. It wasn't worth trying to figure out things that were still a mystery, even to her.

Demencia sat up, shaking her head to wake herself up. There was a knock on her door. She walked over to the door, a little dizzy, but alright. Her hands clung to the comforter draped around her body.

"Hm?" She opened the door, half-expecting to see 5.0.5 checking up on her since it had been so long. It had been Flug. Oh great.

"Hey! What's up?" Demencia grinned.

"I forgot my lab coat in here, can I grab it?" He asked, pointing pass her. She nodded, stepping to the side and glancing around at the floor to make sure there was no evidence of what had happened that night.

He picked it up, slinging it over his shoulder. The bag was on at the moment so she couldn't really tell what he was thinking. Flug walked back to the door, but before exiting he sighed.

"I didn't just come for my coat. Demencia, did you go somewhere super late last night?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I did," she didn't want to lie to him anymore. But if killing that many people in one night shocked her, how would he react?

"Oh, okay... do you mind me asking where?" Flug replied.

"I... don't know." Demencia said truthfully. Really, she had been all over. There's was no telling what would pop up on the news that day. "I know that sounds like a lie, but I really can't remember, Flug."

"That's okay! That's fine. Just, tell me next time? I worry a little when you go off on your own."

"Sure," Demencia smiled softly. "I will."

Flug left her, leaving her be and she shut the door behind him. That didn't go too bad. But it was awkward. Her hand outstretched towards the knob of the door, wanting to call for him to come back.

All she had to do was move pass this. This was a hiccup in her recovery and she wouldn't let it get her down for too long. What could she do? Should she go catch up to Flug and ask what he was doing today? They hadn't been around each other casually in a while. That one cuddle the night before didn't feel like enough.

Though, weren't there other things around the manor she could do? Maybe hang out with 5.0.5?

Something to make her happy.