Chop. Chop! Chop.

Double update! Enjoy... make sure you read the chapter before this.
-
Demencia sat on a stool surrounded by pool of her own hair, which contained pickle jars, combs, and dynamite. She carefully set down the scissors she held, sweating buckets.

This could either make or break her right now. She couldn't remember the last time she cut her hair and did not remember how long it took to grow back.

She dared to fully look at her cut.

Her hair now stopped just at her shoulders, an immense weight taken off of her body. It felt abnormal. Was it normal to feel like you were carrying two people daily? She was pretty sure her hair weighed a good amount.

She turned her head a bit, messing with the short ends. They flicked around her fingernails, the bright green contrasting with the black.

Demencia wasn't sure if she liked it or not. Maybe... maybe she was being a bit too impulsive. Just a bit. She ran a hand down her face, reaching down to try and atleast reattach a strand of hair to no avail.

It was a horrible idea.

Horrible, horrible idea. She sulked, stepping over her hair, and grabbing onto her doorframe for leverage. She then walked the walk of shame all the way to Flug's. Maybe next time she'll just go with her first decision instead of trying to one up it.

She knocked on the door.

The second knock made the door swing open on its own, which was odd because his door was almost always locked. Where was he? She used her night vision to navigate the darkness, not sensing him at all.

"Flug?" She called, leaving the plane. Maybe he was down in the facility? She quickly made her way down the halls and took an elevator down to basement level. Uneasy, she watched as the elevator opened to reveal her older chamber.

"Be careful with that, 807! 902, help him!" He called to the Hat Bots on the working floor. They nodded, complying and working together to lift a metal piece that was double their size.

Demencia stepped into the room, the doctor instantly catching her eye. She felt... nervous. Again. The loud whirring of the Hat Bots working on a larger project echoed, practically silencing her entry. She came up behind him, tapping him on the shoulder. He seemed to brush it off for a moment, before registering that someone had touched him.

"Who--?" Flug turned, meeting her eyes. There were considerably less bags from the last time he had saw her... then his eyes trailed to her hair.

"Y-your hair! What happened?" He exclaimed, reaching out to touch it. Demencia maneuvered away from his hand.

Oh. He loved that hair, didn't he? She really did mess up.

"You're not gonna ask me how I am? So kind..." She teased, glad he was still doing well.

"Oh! Sorry your hair... is just gone. So," he set down the clipboard he was holding. "What's been going on?"

Flug seemed to be a little apprehensive about asking.

"Since you kinda ran off a while ago," he continued.

"Well..." She began, flopping onto a chair nearby. Her eyes lingered on a random stain on the floor. Could she tell him what was happening? There was a faint sense of Black Hat doing this because of her relations with Flug. At that point she felt like anything she didn't wouldn't work in her favor. So out with it she went.

"I was having these horrible nightmares. Like something was chasing me and throwing me down the second it got too close," Demencia glanced over at him. "I never saw what it was, but it seared my skin whenever it touched me."