Deserted

"I need some time to myself..." She whispered.

Flug's heart dropped.

"D-did I say something wrong?!" He said, worried, also admittedly a little desperate.

"Flug... you... didn't do anything wrong! Just let me--!" Demencia stepped away and practically sprinted to her room, stumbling a little on the way. She slammed her door shut, sliding down the back of it. She sighed, putting her head in her hands.

She didn't mean to run off like that. And she even made him think HE did something wrong.

What was going on with her? She didn't feel like herself, at all. Like something else was controlling her decisions, even her thoughts.

. . .

It... had been a while since Demencia had left her room. Everyone in the manor was aware of it, but none bothered to interfere.

And she was glad.

She found herself... returning to her old self. Not in a good way either. She couldn't tell if it was because of the time away for Flug, or something completely different. An old feeling came back.

Black Hat was now constantly on her mind. Fear was too, can't forget the fear. A worry about something she never thought she would have to return to. That undeniable lust for that eldritch horror right up the steps. Demencia thought it had vanished and was replaced by her love for Flug... so why was she feeling this way again? She felt wrong, and dirty. It wasn't right. Nothing felt right about it, at all.

The same night she figured out her feelings was the same night she realized all of her horrible nightmares were from him. That same night she left her room for the first time in a while, and marched right up to his office.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Demencia questioned, extremely pissed.

"Ah, so you finally came out of that cave of yours."

"Black Hat, I'm not in the mood." She grumbled.

"You seem quite the opposite," he mocked, a smile on his face.

Her cheeks were pink, palms sweaty and she felt dizzy. This wasn't her normal self.

"Stop! Stop making me... I don't want to feel this way anymore!"

"Feel what way, Demencia?" He pressed, steepling his fingers and peering at her from just beneath his hat. An evilness swarmed around him, the spiteful glint in his eye whenever he saw someone was suffering. His talons tapped against one another slowly, almost hypnotic.

"I know what you're doing! You've been screwing with my head with all those damn nightmares and making me feel all these fucking emotions!" Demencia spat.

"Watch your tongue." He reminded, glaring.

She eyed him.

"Do you remember when you signed that contract, Demencia? You signed over your entire soul. Along with everyone else in this manor."

"But why are you messing with me! I've been doing everything you've asked of me! Absolutely everything!"

He laughed, the room darkening with every chuckle.

"Because it's fun. And you know why."

Demencia was pissed. And she couldn't do anything about it. Was he that bored? That bored?! Deep down she knew this was an attempt at getting her to stop socializing with the doctor. Making her lust after him again? 

Oh. That was not gonna work. Not this time.

She shot him a look before spinning on her heel and marching right to Flug's room. His low dark chuckles echoed down the hall, almost following her down the stairs and taunting her indefinitely.

...then she stopped. And the laughter did too. Demencia looked at Flug's door, feeling smaller. Her confidence shrunk.

She couldn't just swoop in there and dismiss everything she had done. She had literally pushed him away and left him to worry about her...

Demencia sighed.

Even though Black Hat screwed with her and probably was still going to, she needed to fix herself. Fix her self-esteem and confidence. Maybe love herself just a bit more before loving him again. A soft smile made it's way onto her face, followed by a few stifled giggles.

Nothing a good haircut can't fix! She thought to herself.