The Blockage

"I got his ass!" Demencia cheered, tossing the hero's cape through the front door. Flug grinned, happy she returned unscathed. He looked up, ready to give her a high five. He froze.

"Demencia, your arm!" He screeched, covering his mouth.

She glanced at it, unfazed, "Oh. Yeah, that happened."

"Jesus Christ." Flug cringed, observing her arm that had been popped out of place.

"It doesn't hurt!"

"Just follow me..." He sighed, taking her by her only good arm and leading her to his room. Flug sat her down on his desk chair, then kneeled before her to tend to it. He looked at it, confused.

"...what the hell? Did you just pop it back in yourself?"

"Um, yeah? I've done it before," she scoffed, quick to throw it in a circle.

"Careful!" He grabbed her to prevent her from moving.

"Ooh, I've only been back for a few minutes, Doc," she grinned.

He huffed, ignoring her suggestive comment. "You're telling me 100% that you're not in pain right now?"

"Yeah. Want me to prove it?" Demencia smirked, walking two fingers up his chest.

Again, ignoring her, "You keep surprising me."

"I could surprise you even more--"

"Cut it out!"

"I can't help it, Flug! I'm fucking--"

"Don't say that word. I know what you're about to say, please don't say it."

Demencia bit her tongue, sighing.

"I want to cuddle you," she huffed. "I haven't seen you for an entire day."

Flug wanted to say that a day wasn't very long, but not too long ago he made a big deal about her being gone for a day.

"Whenever Black Hat is gone again, I guess we could... cuddle," he whispered to her. She whooped, doing a fist pump in the air.

"He's going to a conference! I swear on it! He'll be gone for days!"

Flug cocked his head, "Days? Isn't that a little suspicious?"

"Um... no? He does it all the time. He just did it a few weeks ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he just doesn't tell anyone. It keeps us 'in line' or whatever. Although, I can always tell when he's up and about around here."

"That's an interesting and useful... talent."

"You bet it is!" Demencia beamed.

"So when is he leaving?" Flug asked, taking a seat on his bed.

"Mmm... probably later on tonight. Or right now. I don't know."

"Why would he leave right now?"

"Erm... he's been in a mood lately, can't you tell? He's being weird and honestly I hate it. I mean, I already get annoyed by him.

Demencia suddenly jumped up onto her feet, hunched over and ready to attack something.

"What's going on?" Flug asked, jumping up to his feet too.

"Oh. He's gone." She muttered, taking a seat back down.

"Why were so you... ready to kill something just then?" He questioned carefully.

"That's what happens when he leaves or enters in the manor. I don't know why it does, maybe the soul contract is messing with my lizard half or something. It's funky."