Not Very... Coordinated

Demencia got herself a glass of water from the kitchen, the clock just now hitting four in the morning. Flug didn't notice her slip away during the night. She took a sip, thinking about the nightmare she had before she came into Flug's room.

The only problem was she couldn't remember. It was so prominent in her brain until she stepped foot into Flug's room. She couldn't remember a thing about it and it made her uneasy. Demencia's dreams were always weird and unexplainable lately, but she could always recall them.

Demencia sighed, shaking her head. She found it harder to sleep since she had made a mistake on her last assassination. Which never happened. Black Hat instantly linked it to her being to busy being all friendly with Flug. She denied it. She just said that her scars were aching.

He didn't believe it, but sent her off anyways, thoroughly pissed. Demencia was pissed herself. She let herself down. What had gotten her attention during her little skirmish in a bar? A plane mug. A fucking plane mug. She slid a hand down her face, a smile on it. That damn nerd.

She pulled the mug out of the cabinet.

Demencia felt as if this loss was almost completely necessary. She smiled, putting it back up to surprise Flug with later. Finally she was able to do... something for him.

...

Demencia woke up with Flug's head on her chest. She grinned, looking up at the ceiling. There was still the darkness of the bad dream she had that night. It didn't seem to go away even though she couldn't remember if it. Trying to not let it put a damper on her mood, she looked back down at Flug. He was just now waking up.

"Why are you still in here?" He yawned, wiping his eyes and going to grab for his pillow only to realize he wasn't even on one.

"And why do you always end up on me during the night?" Demencia retorted, lifting up to get ready for the day.

"No comment," he mumbled, reaching for his goggles on the nightstand.

Some moments passed as they sat in each other's company, until she broke the silence.

"So not to long ago I screwed up on the job, and Black Hat thinks it's your fault..."

"Of course he does... wait. Why would he think that?"

Demencia shrugged, running her fingers through her massive locks of fluorescent hair. She turned to face him slightly, a half smirk on her face.

"Jealous, maybe?" The girl teased.

"Ha, ha." Flug said monotonously. He made up the bed, looking over at 5.0.5 who was looking at them curiously.

"Good morning, Fluffy!" He cooed, turning his attention to the bear. 5.0.5 smiled in return, offering his belly for him to scratch. Flug rubbed his tummy, crouching beside him.

"You're such a softie!" Demencia giggled.

"Oh shut up! You act like you don't get all mushy for something."

She looked at him, one eyebrow rose.

"Other than me."

"Nope! Occasionally a cute raccoon, or a small lizard I find on the sidewalk, but nothing permanent! All I can remember is that losing a pet hurts."

"Exactly. That's why he's immortal," he smiled, rubbing his head one more time before heading over to his mirror.

"Usually I'd be getting ready for an assassination... but..." She picked her teeth, sighing.

"Well this just gives you time to... do nothing?"

"That's so boring. I barely made it last week."

They both sat in the silence of the morning, though not accompanied by birds tweeting outside.

But... Demencia just really wanted to...

She had a craving.

"...do we have any heroes?"

Flug turned towards her, a brow rose, "I thought you were trying to stop?"

"I am! I am. I just... y'know I can't do it all at once. I need to ease off of eating them slowly."

"I can't blame you. Somehow you got a very carnivorous trait during testing, so I guess it's somewhat my fault," he scratched the back of his head. "Fine. Let me get ready before we go down, I need to look presentable."

"I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care but okay, Flug."

...

And so Demencia's uncontrollable appetite for hero's flesh was appeased.

"You still have a... little bit on your cheek," Flug pointed out with the eraser of his pencil. She wiped at it.

"Thanks."

...There was something Demencia couldn't exactly accept about herself. Not too long ago, she found it easy to just not care about anything. Including eating heros till her heart was content.

Well obviously before, she only cared for Black Hat, and nothing else. No self-care or even attempt at bettering her obnoxious habits. It was... an experience, but she didn't know any better.

Now thinking about it... was it any different now? The obsession? The pulling feeling she got in her chest whenever Flug wasn't around for a while? She felt abnormal. She realized just how clingy she had been during her moments spent alone. The time she was forced to not be around him. Flug never said anything... but what if he was... getting annoyed by her constant attention?

She eyed Flug from the corner of the facility, watching him write something down in the records.

Maybe... maybe she needed to stop being so clingy. She was being clingy. Too needy. Changing herself... for him to like her more. He probably noticed that too. It wasn't normal. The behavior. The way she was acting. She wasn't normal. She-

"Demencia."

She turned to face her lover, eyes wide, something clicking in her head.

"What's up? I called you like three times...?" He asked worriedly, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh! Nothing. I'm fine. What is it?"