Sweetdreams

*Chris's POV*

  It's been about two weeks now since I last saw or heard from Sin, that day at Starbucks. She just won't have anything to do with me.

  I found her sister Jealousy on Facebook and asked about Sin, and Jealousy told me it might be smart to stay away from her. The best explanation she would give is that Sin really didn't want to talk to me.

  Even still, I wanted her to know I was there and I still cared, so every night without fail, I sent her a simple text: sweetdreams

  "Man, that girl is no good for you, you gotta let her go." Balz told me. He and I were sitting in our kitchen drinking coffee. "She's different, Balz. She's not like the others. I can't just 'let her go'." I responded.

  "Yeah, you can. Watch, gimme your phone." he said, holding out his hand. I stared at him with uncertainty, and he explained, "I'm going to delete her number, since I know you won't."

  I glared at him. "Maybe you didn't hear me," I said, "she's not like the others." I was completely determined to have Sin in my life.

  If it meant I had to wait months, I would do it. I will do whatever it takes to know her, to get her to open up. I know something obviously happened to make her so closed off, and I wanna be there, by her side, and show her I would never do the same.

*Sin's POV*

  I was laying in my room listening to City Lights for probably the hundredth time today. All I've listened to since that day at Starbucks is Motionless In White.

  I haven't spoken to Chris since then. I just can't. I want him in my life so badly, but I'm too afraid to let anyone in. Not after last time. It doesn't help that he still texts me every night, just to say, "Sweetdreams."

  I heard a soft knock on my door and groaned. I didn't want to talk to anyone, but I said, "Come in!" anyways. The door opened and Jealousy walked in. "You feeling any better?" she asked, sitting next to me on my bed.

  I shrugged in response, and sang along to the song as it started again.

Paralyzed

By my envy of the night

I'm lost without you here

And at times it looks like rain

  "Sin..." Jealousy sighed. "What?" I said quietly. "Are you sure you can't just give him the benefit of the doubt?" she asked me, and I shook my head fiercely. "No one gets in. At all."

  I closed my eyes and tried focusing on the music, but Jealousy spoke again. "He's messaged me twice now." I opened one eye and looked at her.

  "What did he say?" I asked curiously. She told me Chris was really wanting to talk to me, and had asked before she came in here if I was even okay. I rolled my eyes at that and said, "I'm fine. I always am."

  Jealousy smirked at me. "If you're 'fine' then you have no reason to not text him." Before I could come up with a good argument, she got up and left my room, shutting the door behind her.

  If he wants in so badly, I'll let him. He won't want in much longer. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand, checked the time 3:27 and texted him.

Sin: Starbucks. 5:30. u down?

Chris: absolutely, ur sure?

Sin: just b ther

Chris: i definitely will :-)

  I jumped up and got through a shower. By the time I was done, it was 4:05. I went back in my room and pawed through clothes, not sure what to wear.

"Hey Jealousy!" I yelled across the hall.

"Yeah?!"

"Clothes help please!"

  Jealousy came running in, and excitedly asked, "You mean it? I get to dress you up?!" I laughed at her. "From MY clothes, yes." She rolled her eyes, flipped her hair over her shoulder, and walked over to my closet.

  "Occasion?" she asked, flipping through clothes. "Starbucks." She turned to face me. "You're concerned about clothes to run into Starbucks?" she asked, looking full of suspicion.

  "I may have texted Chris..." I answered quietly, and she squealed, then forced herself to relax when I glared at her. "Okay, are you thinking casual, cute, cute-casual, what?"

  "Um, cute-casual?" I answered, not fully understanding what it meant. She searched for a minute, then handed me a silky red tanktop with my black ripped skinnies.

  "Voila. Need makeup or hair help?" Jealousy asked, and I told her I didn't. I checked the time, and it was 4:23. Since Starbucks was only five minutes away, I knew I had plenty of time.

  She went back to her room, and I dressed, then grabbed my makeup. I settled on a dark smokey eye with winged eyeliner. Finally, I stared at my hair in the mirror, unsure of what to do.

  I put on Immaculate Misconception, which immediately relaxed my stressed nerves.

What the fuck

Put your teeth to the curb

Cuz right now

I'm gonna stomp your

Fucking face in

I hope you drown

In all the cum

You fucking swallow

  Jealousy came back in. "You need help. I can sense it." I sighed and nodded. She looked at me, then suggested, "Black beanie, hair below it curled?" I agreed and she set about doing it.

  By the time she was done, it was 5:20. I pulled on my red Converse, thanked her, grabbed my wallet, keys, and phone, then drove to the Starbucks, where Chris was already waiting.