Home Is Not A Haven

"I'm so sorry to be here like this, I just didn't know what else to do, I had to get us out of there." I sobbed. "Shh, it's okay, I understand. You can stay as long as you need."

*Several hours earlier*

*Sin's POV*

  I walked into my room, and saw my parents were waiting for me. I knew that just couldn't be good. "Where were you?" My mom asked. "With a friend." I answered, not making eye contact.

  My dad slapped me and growled, "Don't you fucking lie to us, you little bitch." I pretended that it didn't hurt, and in a tone that matched his, told him, "It wasn't a lie. Ask Jealousy, check my phone. I was with a fucking friend."

  My mom slapped me then, sending me to the ground. "How dare you speak to your father that way!" She shrieked. Jealousy came running in then. "Sin!" she cried, dropping to her knees beside me.

  "Sis get out." I ordered, pushing her away. "Listen to your sister, child." My dad spat at her, and she told him to fuck off. Big. BIG. Mistake. Dad grabbed Jealousy by the hair and threw her on my bed, then got on top of her.

  Mom held me down while I screamed and cried, kicked and punched. I desperately fought to save her from him, but I couldn't. And the whole time, she was screaming and crying like I was, and kept begging me to save her.

  When he was done with her, he threw her off the bed where she didn't even move, or make a sound, and I knew she had hit her head on the nightstand and was unconscious. Then it was my turn.

  I thought it would be easier on me if I just didn't fight it, but I was wrong. He beat me severely, encouraging me to fight back. I refused. Eventually he got bored with me, and left Jealousy and I there.

  I got up after a while, and shook Jealousy awake. "Come on, we have to go." I told her. She started crying, and I clamped my hand over her mouth to silence her.

  "Listen," I whispered, "we're each gonna pack some stuff, and then we're leaving." She nodded, pain and fear in her eyes. "I'm not letting you go alone though, we're gonna stay in here while I pack, then we'll go to your room. Okay?"

  Jealousy nodded again, and I let go of her mouth. I grabbed a suitcase from the closet, stuffed in the first five shirts I grabbed, first five pairs of pants, a few bras and underwear.

  I made a motion for her to stay put, then went into my bathroom, grabbed my stuff, threw it in the suitcase, and zipped it shut. She and I went into her room where I did the same for her, and I snuck to the top of the staircase to see if our parents were near the door. They weren't.

  "Come on." I whispered, and we snuck downstairs and out the door. We climbed in my car, and drove away. "Sin?" Jealousy spoke finally. "Yeah?" "Where are we gonna go?" Fuck, I hadn't thought that far yet.

  "I might know a place." I drove to the nearest place I could stop, which was a McDonald's, and grabbed out my phone, then made a call.

Chris: Hey, what's up?

Sin: Um... Something happened... Something bad. Jealousy and I, could we come over, just for a few hours?

Chris: If it's as bad as it sounds, you can stay longer than a few hours. Do I need to come get you?

Sin: No, we've got my car.

Chris: Alright. I'll see you soon.

Sin: Okay. Thank you so much.

  As soon as I hung up the phone, Jealousy asked who it was. "That was Chris, we're heading over there right now, he might let us stay a night." I answered, pulling out of the parking lot. She didn't say anything.

  I knew how she was feeling, so I didn't push her. "Do you wanna try talking to T?" I asked, and she shook her head. T was her boyfriend. His real name is Tiger, which I find ridiculous, so I never call him that.

  We drove the rest of the way in silence, and I texted Chris to let him know we were here. He came running out, and opened my door for me. "Are you okay?" He asked immediately. "I'm fine, she's in shock. Might need a hospital."

  "What happened?" Chris asked worriedly, as Jealousy and I got out of the car. She immediately ran around and clung to me, and it was like I was the big sister instead of her. "My parents." was the only answer I needed to give for him to know it was bad.

  Chris led us inside and had us sit on the couch. "I already told the guys you two would be here, and they know they need to back off. Can I get you anything?" he asked us. I shook my head, then looked at Jealousy, and saw she had dried blood on her forehead.

  "Something to clean that with?" I requested, nodding towards her, "And can she please have water?" Chris hurried off, and I wrapped an arm around her. "It's okay sweetie." I comforted her.

  He came back about two minutes later, with a glass of water, and a warm wet rag. "Want me to?" Chris asked me, "You look like you shouldn't be." I looked at Jealousy. "Jealousy? Will you let him help you?"

  She looked fearfully up at me, then to Chris, and back at me. "He won't hurt you, I promise. He's just trying to help you." I told her, but she shook her head. I sighed, taking the rag from Chris. Then got an idea.

  "Hey hun, will you let Ricky do it?" I asked her, and she stared at me for a moment, then nodded. "Chris, would you-" he was already up and heading to get Ricky.

  He came back a couple minutes later, Ricky in tow. Ricky introduced himself, then helped clean off her forehead. We sat and talked for awhile, no one mentioning earlier, till I realized Jealousy was asleep. "I think it's bed time." I announced, and they agreed.

  Ricky carried Jealousy upstairs to his room, then came back, saying he was taking the couch. "I claim the floor!" I laughed, and Chris shook his head.

  Before I could say anything, he was carrying me up to his room. "Night Ricky!" I yelled. "Night!" he yelled back. Chris brought me into his room, and set me gently on the bed. "I'll be in the room at the end of the hall if you need anything, okay?" Chris said, heading for the door.

"Okay... Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

*Three hours later*

  I still couldn't fall asleep. I was so shattered over what happened with my parents. I decided to see if Chris was awake, since it was only midnight. I went out into the hall and knocked on the last door.

"Come on in."

  I opened it. "Did I wake you?" I whispered, realizing the lights were out. "Nope. Are you okay?" Chris answered, turning on a light as he sat up. I shook my head, and he patted beside him on the bed, so I sat.

  "I'm so sorry to be here like this, I just didn't know what else to do, I had to get us out of there." I sobbed. "Shh, it's okay, I understand. You can stay here as long as you need."