Paralyzing Silence

*Chris's POV*

  "You know man, you are the lead of this band, and kinda the house too. You could always kick her out." Angelo suggested. I've been hanging out with him the last couple months, which I've missed.

  I shook my head. "I love her, I can't do that. And she's carrying my child, what the hell kind of father would THAT make me?" Angelo sighed. "Chris, she won't even speak to you, and she's due in a week. She hasn't spoken to you since she told you she's pregnant.

  "I know you don't want to, but maybe you really do need to move on and just let her go, find someone else." Angelo suggested. I took a drink of my Pumpkin Spice Latte as I thought about what he said. "No. There's no girl like her, no one as perfect as she is.

  "Yeah, she's a real handful, but that's a handful I would be glad to deal with every single day of my life. I love her so much, even if she hates me. And no one will even tell me her plans for the baby, but I think she's gonna get rid of it, cuz I haven't seen them bring home any baby anything."

  Angelo grimaced at that, as though he were hiding something.

"What..."

"Hm? Oh, nothing."

"Angelo Parente."

"It's in your basement."

"Huh?"

  Angelo sighed. "They have brought stuff home, just not when you're around. They've kept it all in the basement since you never go down there. Once she has the baby, she's gonna stay down there."

  I stared at him in shock. "And you know this how?" I asked. "Ricky told me." I rolled my eyes. He's such a gossip. "Angelo, you don't by chance know the gender, do you?" I asked after a moment. He shook his head.

  "Not even Sin does. She wanted to wait to find out." I pulled out my phone, debating on texting her. Instead, I got a call from Jealousy.

Chris: Hello?

Jealousy: Chris! Fuck, meet us at the hospital!!!

Chris: (worriedly) Why what happened what's going on?!

Jealousy: Sin's water just broke!

Chris: Be there ASAP!!!

  I hung up the phone and jumped out of my seat. "What's wrong?" Angelo asked. "Sin is in labor!" I yelled, running out of the Starbucks. Angelo ran after me, and we jumped in my car, and I sped to the hospital. It was a miracle I didn't get a ticket.

*The next morning*

  "Come on, one more push!" The doctor encouraged Sin. Sin took a deep breath, squeezed Jealousy's hand tightly, and pushed once again. A shrill cry pierced the air, and Sin fell back against the bed. I looked at the tiny baby the doctor was holding.

  Another loud noise filled the hospital room. The flatline. "Sin!" I cried, grabbing her other hand. She had refused to let me touch her before. The doctors pushed Jealousy and I aside as a nurse cut the umbilical cord quickly, then hurried out.

  Jealousy and I watched helplessly while they went to work on Sin. After a minute, she shot up in bed, screaming. Jealousy ran to her as I stayed frozen.

  The doctors booted us out, and we went into the waiting room where the guys were sitting. "How's the baby?" Ryan asked excitedly. I couldn't even speak. "They had to take it quick, Sin almost died..." Jealousy answered quietly.

  "SHE WHAT?!" Ghost yelled, and we all stared at him. Him being loud is not a normal. "She flatlined for about two minutes." Jealousy said, tears flowing again. Ricky jumped out of his seat and hugged her tightly.

  A moment later, a doctor came out. "For Sin Gates?" he announced. "Yes?" Jealousy asked. "You can see her now, the baby is downstairs in the nursery for processing, but we will bring the baby to you shortly."

  The doctor started to talk away, but Balz stopped him. "Can you tell us the gender?" he asked. The doctor shook his head. "Ms. Gates requested no one know yet, till she sees the baby." He walked away as Balz growled.

  "She would." Ryan chuckled. "Yeah well at least she talks to you guys." I spat at them. "I've been trying, Chris, I promise." Jealousy told me, rubbing my arm. I shrugged her off. "Bet you guys she won't even let me see the baby."

  Jealousy sighed, knowing I was probably right. She kissed Ricky, hugged me, then went in to see Sin.

*Sin's POV*

  Jealousy walked in, smile on her face. "Tryna die on me there, Sis?" she asked, sitting beside me on the bed. I chuckled softly, exhausted. "Doctor said some women do that." I explained. "I think it's their bodies have a hard time with giving birth."

  Jealousy nodded with understanding. "How are you feeling?" she asked me. "No pun intended, but like a zombie. I'm so tired, and I hurt so bad..." I told her. There was a knock at the door, so I said to come in.

  A nurse came in, holding the baby, and Jealousy squealed with excitement. I gave a tired smile and reached out to take my new baby. "And it's..." I started, since I still didn't know the gender. The nurse smiled at me.

"Congratulations, you have a beautiful, healthy, baby boy." The nurse chirped, then left.

  I looked down at my son, and was immediately filled with dread. "No, no no no..." I sobbed. "What?" Jealousy asked, worried. She pulled back the blanket some so she could see the baby's face, and cringed. "Oh Sin..." I burst into tears.

  My son was definitely not Chris's, it was my father's. It was the spitting image of him, with his overly defined jawboned, blue eyes, and light brown hair. "Sin, I'm so sorry.." Jealousy whispered.

  I stared down at the little bundle in my arms. "I don't want this..." I whispered, barely audible. "What?" "I don't want this baby. I don't want his child, I'm not keeping him."

  Jealousy stared at me. "Are you sure?" she asked. I nodded. "Just, call a nurse for me, then go tell Chris it isn't his." I ordered her. There was no way in Hell I was keeping my father's child.

*Jealousy's POV*

  I walked out of the room and over to the nurse's desk, which was only a few yards away. "Um, my sister, Sin Gates, needs a nurse." I said quietly. The nurse that had brought us the baby jumped up and raced into Sin's room.

  I walked back out to the waiting room. "Is everything okay?" Ricky asked. "Is it a boy or girl?" Ryan squeaked. Chris was staring off into space, so I leaned over to look him in the eyes and tapped his knee.

  He focused, and asked what was up. "You're relieved of fatherly duties." I told him. "What?" Chris said, worried. "It isn't yours." I told him, standing. I buried my face in Ricky's chest as Chris exclaimed, "Bullshit, I'm the only one who could be the dad!"

  I shook my head, starting to cry. "Jealousy, what do you mean?" Angelo asked, "I think Chris needs an explanation." I turned and glared at Chris.

  "No, you're not the only one. You wanna know a secret? We moved in cuz our dad raped us. The baby is his, not yours."