❄️Awake: Part 2❄️

His deep blue eyes stared into hers.

She loved them.

Maybe. Like she liked anyone else's eyes. Because Winter didn't have too special of eyes.

Yep.

"Winter..."

"Moon..."

"Moon—" Qibli jumped into the cave, ruining their moment.

Then he saw Winter, and their talons glued in each other's.

And for a moment, Moon saw hatred. Like he had won Qibli over, which he hadn't. 

Moon hadn't chosen. Right now, she was leaning towards Qibli.

"Winter... you're... alive." He said, not sounding as happy as Moon felt. 

"You're alive!" Moon cried, leaning forward and wrapping her wings around him. Qibli seemed disturbed.

"Ouch... ya... I feel rather alive.... Ouch...." Winter croaked.

"You broke five bones and fractured four," Qibli said. "I'm glad you're alive,"

Oh sure you are, Thought Moon, suprised she thought that. What was with this sudden attitude?

Moon filled Winter in on the little that happened. Qibli went to get snacks, (mostly for Winter because he hadn't eaten anything for a while.), and Moon smiled and rustled her wings around in joy.

"Thank you! You risked everything for me... I... thank you. If there's anything I can do in return, that would be okay with me. Man, I'm just so happy you're alive."

❄️Winter❄️

There was one thing he wanted.

Moon.

But he wasn't going to ask her for her heart. He wanted it real, and he didn't think Moon would say yes anyway.

She chose Qibli. I know it. I'm always gone when they're together. He sighed.

"You all right, Winter?" Moon asked. "You look a little sad for surviving a claw close to death."

"I'm fine. Oh hey, Qibli. Finally done with that meal?"

"Yep," said Qibli, entering. "Here you go, Sunny helped me make it."

He ripped off a chicken leg, (there were five chickens to eat) and Moon did, too, from another chicken.

"Stop!" Qibli yelled when he realized Moon was the one who ate the chicken leg from that chicken. "Stop!! No!! Don't eat that!"

"Why—" Her eyes widened, and she collapsed. Winter lunged forward, roaring in pain, but saved Moon from her fall.

🌙Moon🌙

Winter caught her as she fell. Pain was surging in her, and before her eyes closed, she felt Winter hold her close. She wanted to stay there forever.

"Moon!"

I just wanted to say that I published a new Winterwatcher book. It is of course called Winterwatcher, and has a long description. Sooo... ya.