Sneak Peek

Mmkay. I just came up with a great idea. For, yet another, story. But the story won't be written till' I'm done with this one and another one. And because I'm doing bad at my only job, in here to give you a sneak peek. Because I want to kill you all with arrows of curiosity.
Here goes nothing.

Prologue:
Thousands of years before the SandWing Succession...

Snowfall's wings flapped faster than she thought they ever could. She needed to meet the others.
Right now.
She landed in front of a SandWing home, glad it was night. It was cold outside, just how she liked it.
She knocked once. Then four times. Then eight times.
Is this the wrong place?
Finally, the doors flew open. It was Constellation, the NightWing.
She grinned.
"I was waiting for you. I couldn't be sure... then I heard your mind."
Constellation was born during three full moons. She had NightWing magic, and made sure we didn't forget it.
Get out of my brain. You know how serious this is.
Constellation's smile disappeared. She knew.
We all did.
Inside, Snowfall sat with the others. One from each tribe. Poison, the SandWing. Jade, the SkyWing. Constellation the NightWing, Aqua the SeaWing. Mud the MudWing. Mango the RainWing. And of course, me, representive of the IceWings.
And what do we all have in common? What, in all of us are similar?
Easy.
We are all animus.

~

"Welcome welcome." Poison said. She has a long, regal body and a rather striking face, but don't let that trick you. She's smart. She's sly and different, like Poison.
Mud butts in. "Don't." He shifts his huge body around. "None of us should be here. We need to save as much time as possible."
"I know you guys saw it. In the mirrors." I said. We each had enchanted mirrors to see into the future and contact each other.
We saw death.
Wars.
In the future, the NightWings had no powers. Everyone is at war and the IceWings and NightWings right each other.
But that's not it.
No, it's not half as bad.
There is war and mind control. There is pain and deaths and tears-- and we go extinct.
The IceWings do. They want to be supiror of all of the tribes. They try to take over them. Every tribe chooses a side to fight for and then the IceWings go extinct. All but one.
Strange dragons that look like bees come. They try to take over this place and they fight even more.
There is only one animus left: Aurora, the IceWing.
She hid from the horrible war. Aurora can't stand to live. Many people can't.
Aurora eventualy ended the war.
How?
By enchanting all of them to rip out their guts.

~

"We have to stop it. We need to combine our magic to make something so wonderful, so different. Something that will stop that war. Something that won't drive us all mad." Mango said.
"Wait." The words choke out of my mouth. "I-I can't."
Silence filled the room.
"What do you mean?" Aqua asked. "We need you, Snow. They do. Tell us. We deserve to know why you can't save dragon kind."
"Well, I was going to, but you didn't keep your mouth shut!"
Snowfall glared at Aquamarine. They've never been friends. But they need to to save the world so they tried to put that behind them.
"Anyway, animus IceWings have one gift to share with all of the IceWings. For past, now, and the future. If we have one."
Her eyes lock with Aqua's gray ones. "It's a big thing. I can't not give that gift. So, I won't be able to do much without... you know."
Going mad.
Aqua said the most unexpected thing.
"That's okay."
We sit in silence. Mango's scales turned pale.
"We don't have time for this," Jade said. "What can we do? Enchant a magical dragon or something?"
"Yes." She said.
"How?" Mud asked. He's wasn't really much of a talker. So he just agreed and disagreed. Maybe an occasional question.
"We give all of our magic to one dragon. That dragon creates a dragon that will save the future." Snow said.
There is a long, dreadful silence.
But I know these dragons. And despite the fact that they will lose what makes them special and maybe even their lives. They know their tribes may kill them for it.
They know, they know.
"Yes." Constellation said. A tear slipped down her cheek.
"Y-yes." Jade said.
"Yes." Replied Mud. He is such a kind dragon.
"Yes." Poison said. She makes a face. "If I were them, I'd want them to give up their magic for this. For... for dramanity." Get it? Humanity and dramanity... No?
"Any day." Mango said. "Only if you don't go mad."
Tears slipped down Snow's cheeks.
The IceWings would kill her for this.

~

Slowy, their magic was handed over to Snow. Each and every one of them had a pearl earring that was enchanted so they didn't go mad. They were a team.
Constellation's face was dry now. She looked me in the eye and said,
"Name her Stargaze."
Snow nodded.
"I enchant--"
"OPEN UP IN THE NAME OF QUEEN FROST. WE HAVE FOUR DOZEN GUARDS ON YOU. THERE IS NO ESCAPING."
No.
Constellation falls to the ground, holding her head. I drag her away to a secret escape.
"Use your mirror to contact to me," Snow says. The others are in and hurrying down the tunnels when Snow hears the door bust open.
"I will be okay," she said, then closed the trapdoor. She moves the rug back over it and then puts a dresser on top of the rug.
"I enchant this world to make a dragon that comes from multiple tribes. She will be born on the most special night. She will have our great animus powers and never suffer the consequences of that power. She will have very strong mind read and future seeing. She will save the world from the horrors to come, and she will be named Stargaze."
Snow felt a tingle inside her.
She was no longer animus.
And just as she fell to the floor, the IceWings grabbed her and dragged her out of their meet-up hut.

So... Whachya think? Tell me what you think I should name the actual book. I'm thinking Stargaze, but you know, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say.

~Lucy😛