🔢Strike of Life🔢

Qibli stretched, yawning, waking up.

The sun was shining, he was not. Moon and  Winter were gone. Probably off smooching on a sunset, sitting next to the beach—

No, actually. 

Maybe Winter went looking for Moon but when she read the letter she knew that she was in love with me so she ran away to hide from Winter because she doesn't want to face him.

Qibli packed up his stuff and wrote on a note I am leaving to find my true love, and get my life back!

He peeked through the hole in the wall, then silently darted towards his destination. Qibli's guess was that she would run to the Sand Kingdom, where sweet Thorn lived. And where Winter couldn't handle the heat.

He smirked as he left the caves behind. This was a different him: and he liked it more. Though, old him peeked in saying, Wait! But isn't... isn't this what mother wanted things to be like for you? Moon would like a nice guy instead of a strong guy!

Qibli shook it off. Whatever.

❄️Winter❄️ 

"Winter!" 

"Wake up, young one."

His eye shot open and he jumped up by the sound of the unfamiliar voice. "Who... who are you?!"

An elderly SandWing stood in front of him. She signaled to sit down, then turned to Moon, who was holding some food.

"Is he always like this?" She asked.

"Well, he grew up with terrible parents and pretended to be dead to his tribe," she said. "then, they found out he was alive when their queen died. They kicked Winter out of his tribe only to visit a few days at a time. He's nearly died quite the amount of times. I think he's doing splendid. Food?"

Winter nodded.

Moon handed over the plate and Winter sat down, glad to know he was safe. But, he still kept an eye on this strange new dragon and his surroundings.

"Ugh, MOTHER!!" A voice yelled dramatically. "What creep did you bring in this time?" 

Winter glanced to Moon, only to know that she had left the room, probably to get more food.

A SandWing wearing earrings and necklaces came down downstairs acting as if she was the queen. She stepped down regally, showing her wings, her tail, and her rather annoying face.

Hopefully I didn't run into another Qibli.

She smiled. "Oooh, I likie likie what you brought in this time!" She walked around Winter's bed, staring at him oddly.

Please no.

Winter scooted away from her and finally just left the bed, only hoping she wouldn't follow.

"Moon, I have my plate," Winter said, looking around. 

"Hey, your an IceWing, right? Then why are you so hot?" Sorry for the cringe...

Winter hurried out of the room and finally, into the kitchen. Moon was washing dishes, and Winter joined her.

"Who's she?" The sassy SandWing asked. "Is she you're sister?" 

"I'm his girlfriend, who are you? Do you live here?" Moon asked.

"GIRLFRIEND?!" 

Moon finished cleaning the pots and plates and finally headed outside to talk with Winter.

"Do you know her?" Moon asked. 

"I've never seen her before," Winter shrugged. 

"How long do you plan to stay? She said we could as long as we want."

"Maybe until we find out where we are, where the best route back is, and get ourselves packed." Winter splashed his face with water, already hot.

Moon nodded. "Then, we stop Darkstalker. We get Qibli over this, and we can... I don't know where I will go afterwards. Where will you go?"

"Probably somewhere nice and cool where I can learn about scavengers. Then, I'll build a home and a sanuaury." 

Moon nodded. He could tell she was thinking about something— though he didn't know what.

"Okay," she said. "Let's start getting ready,"