Chapter 7

You guys like Jerrie fluff?

The sun was just poking over the horizon, shedding light on the late November day as Jade stretched and yawned, snuggling closer into the warmth that was Perrie Edwards. Jade's eyes opened slowly as she turned to face the blonde beauty, smiling sleepily as she watched Perrie's eyelids flutter in her sleep. Jade kissed Perrie's forehead gently before sliding her arms around Perrie's waist, and closing her eyes, attempting to slip back into a sweet slumber again.

Unfortunately, her body had other decisions. No matter how Jade positioned herself, she couldn't get back to sleep. Eventually Jade got up, gently prying Perrie's hands off her. Perrie's hands stretched out, searching for warmth. Jade sighed and stuffed her pillow between Perrie's arms, hoping that was enough. When Perrie's arms wrapped around the pillow, Jade took it as a good sign and tiptoed out of their room, slipping on her robe as she went. 

In the 3 months that Jade and Perrie had been dating, Perrie had quickly learned not to mess with Jade until she's had her cup of coffee. Jade chuckled as she made herself some coffee, remembering the first and only time Perrie had forgotten to pack coffee when they went camping together. 

"Where's my coffee?" Jade shouted, her eyes wide and hungry as she scoured the campsite, looking for the small to-go cups she'd bought a few days ago. "I knew there was something I had forgotten," Perrie sighed, standing up and reaching to hug Jade. The smaller woman pushed Perrie's arms away angrily. "Out of all the things you could have forgotten," she grumbled, sinking into a camp chair with her head in her hands. "You had to forget something I can't live without."

Perrie had driven to the nearest convenience store and picked up a few to-go cups of coffee. Jade hadn't become her normal self until she'd downed at least half the cup of coffee. A small beeping noise brought Jade back to reality, signaling that her coffee was done. Jade grabbed the mug and inhaled, letting the bitter scent of the coffee invade her nostrils. "Perfect," Jade muttered, taking a sip and relishing the way the warm drink slid down her throat, warming every inch of her body.

"My Jadey is to coffee as Lily is to Barbie," Perrie's voice floated into the kitchen, bringing a smile onto Jade's face as she turned to face her girlfriend. "Good morning baba," Jade said, pecking Perrie's lips before making her way back to her coffee. "So your coffee's more important than me, huh?" Perrie asked, a fake pout making its way onto her lips. "For the moment," Jade replied, gulping down the rest of her coffee and laying the mug in the sink. 

"See? It's gone," Jade smiled, walking over to Perrie and placing a sweet kiss on her lips. "Mmm, you're the best," Perrie grinned at Jade. "I know I am," Jade replied, flipping her caramel-colored hair sassily. "You're also an idiot," Perrie giggled, pulling Jade into her arms. "Your idiot," Jade replied, standing on her tiptoes and kissing Perrie's nose, enjoying the way her face scrunched up. "You're really cute when your face is like that," Jade said, Perrie rolling her eyes playfully at Jade. 

"I love you," Jade whispered, laying her head on Perrie's shoulder. "I know," Perrie replied simply. Jade's head snapped up. "You did? How?" She asked. "I heard you whisper it to me a couple of days ago when you thought I was asleep," Perrie said matter of factly. "Oh," Jade said, visibly deflating. "I was expecting tears, a long kiss, and a very loud and emotional exchange of feelings." 

Suddenly, Jade was lifted off the ground and spun around, Perrie's arms tightly around her. "What was that for?" Jade asked. Perrie leaned in and kissed her. The kiss was slow and tender, and Jade knew she would never get used to the feeling of being kissed by Perrie. "You said you loved me," Perrie said once she'd pulled away. "So I felt the need to celebrate."

Jade laughed. "You idiot," she said. "Your idiot," Perrie replied, copying Jade's words. Jade smiled and leaned her head on Perrie's shoulder, enjoying the comfortable silence they'd slipped into. Perrie's breathing was level, in, out, in, out. Her lips were warm as the pressed themselves to Jade's forehead. It was quiet, peaceful. If this was a dream, Jade never wanted to wake up.

"HEY!" A loud shout brought Jade and Perrie springing apart in shock, Jade putting a hand on her chest, her heart beating erratically. "Oh, good morning Lily," Perrie replied meekly. "I've been standing here for FIVE minutes, and you guys have been ignoring me and snuggling!" The five-year-old crossed her arms angrily in front of her. 

"Oh Lily-Billy, I am sorry. Will you every forgive me?" Perrie asked dramatically, picking Lily up and kissing her on the cheek repeatedly. "Ok! Ok! I fo'give you mommy!" Lily squealed, wriggling around in Perrie's arms. "That's good, I might have cried if you didn't forgive me," Perrie said, sniffling a little for effect. "No no don't cry mommy," Lily said, placing her small hands on either side of Perrie's face. 

"I might cry though, you haven't forgiven me yet," Jade said, sitting down on one of the bar stools and trying her best to look sad. "No Jadey don't cry!" Lily shouted, dropping from Perrie's arms and rushing over to Jade. "I fo'give you too Jadey and I hope you not mad at me," Lily said. "How could I ever be mad at you?" Jade asked, picking Lily up and setting her in her lap. "I'm happy now," Lily giggled. "Well, I'm very glad about that," Jade smiled. 

 Perrie came over and draped an arm around Jade's shoulders. "I love you," she whispered, making Jade grin. "I love you too," Jade murmured, leaning up and kissing Perrie. "EWW!" Lily shrieked, making Jade flinch and Perrie pull away. "Now I remember why we don't show any signs of love around Lily," Jade said, massaging her temples. "You okay?" Perrie asked, kissing Jade's head. "I'm fine, now stop before Lily gives us another earful," Jade replied, gently swatting Perrie away. 

"I'm willing to brave it," Perrie whispered, leaning in again. Jade turned her face so Perrie's lips landed on her cheek. "Well, I'm not as brave as you," she replied, setting Lily down and leading Perrie into the bathroom. "What are you doing?" Perrie asked as Jade locked the door. "Giving us a moment to ourselves," Jade replied, sliding her arms around Perrie's neck and capturing her lips in a sweet kiss. 

Perrie laughed into the kiss, her arms finding their place around Jade's waist. Jade pressed up against Perrie, her hands fisting in Perrie's pajama shirt. "What a moment," Perrie grinned once they pulled apart, leaning in a pecking Jade's lips gently. "I'll say," Jade replied, leaning against Perrie, her head once again on Perrie's shoulder. "We're going to have to go out soon, Lily can't be trusted alone in this house," Perrie murmured.

Jade giggled. "You're right," she smiled, grabbing Perrie's hand and lacing their fingers. "Lily! Where are you?" Perrie called as they walked out of the bathroom. "You'll never find me!" The faint shout from the small blonde reached Jade's ears. "But I will!" Jade called back, dropping Perrie's hand and jogging toward the sound of the voice. 

Jade eventually found Lily curled up in a laundry hamper, facing away from Jade. Jade crept forward, praying her boot wouldn't make any unwelcome noises. Jade stopped when she was practically laying on top of Lily, and counted to three. 

"BOO!"

"AAHHHH!" 

Aww that chapter was so cute :)

WARNING: Since it's a short story, the chapters will have large time jumps in between them, like little glances into Jade and Perrie's relationship. It will slow down in the next few chapters though.