Chapter 11

Yeah sorry about the sadness of last chaper, but there's more drama to come

Mwahahaha

The sky was covered in slate grey clouds, the sun shining feebly through. Rain poured down from the clouds as the wind howled. It was miserable out. 

The weather mirrored Jade's mood exactly. The petite Geordie was seated on the guest bed in Jesy's room, staring numbly out the window, her usually warm brown eyes dull and unfocused. Her hair was messy and unkept; Jade didn't care enough to brush it. She had on one of Jesy's oversized sweatshirts, and her fingers toyed with the worn collar. 

"Jade?" Leigh Anne asked softly, opening the door just enough so that she could poke her head into the room. 

"Hey Leigh," Jade said, flashing the Afro haired woman a tired smile. 

"How are you doing?" Leigh Anne asked, opening the door the rest of the way and walking over to sit next to the brunette. 

"I'm sad," Jade admitted quietly. "I mean, I just broke up with her so it's okay to be sad. Right?"

"Of course it is," Leigh Anne reassured the petite Geordie, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Are you hungry?"

"A little," Jade said. 

"Do you want me to make you anything?" Leigh Anne asked after a minute.

"If you want to," Jade replied, standing from the bed. "I've been in this room since yesterday. It smells like her. I'm going to come with you anyways."

Leigh Anne shrugged, watching sympathetically as Jade shuffled out of the room, clutching an empty mug of tea that the brunette had made yesterday.

"Hi Jade," Jesy said as Jade walked into the kitchen. "That sweatshirt looks good."

"It's yours," Jade replied as she slid into a seat. 

"I know," Jesy said flippantly, turning back to the stove. The corners of Jade's mouth curved upward in a small smile as Jesy opened and closed cupboards. 

"Do you want me to make you anything?" Jesy asked, moving slightly so Jade could see what was in the cupboards.

"I'll have a slice peanut butter toast," Jade said after a minute. 

"Chunky or smooth peanut butter?" Jesy asked after putting the piece of bread in the toaster. 

"Smooth," Jade replied, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "You know I hate chunky peanut butter."

"That I do know," Jesy chuckled. "But I was giving you options."

"Gee thanks," Jade said dryly. "I love being given options when the person already knows what I'm going to pick."

"Tone the sarcasm down please," Jesy replied, sitting down next to Jade. "You did the right thing you know."

"I'm well aware," Jade replied bitterly. "Making somebody miserable for the good of everyone is always the right thing to do. Even if you're miserable too."

Jesy sighed, wrapping an arm around her best friend. "I'm sorry you're hurting Jade," she said. "Hopefully you'll be back to your old smiley self soon."

"Yeah," Jade mumbled. "As long as Perrie doesn't go back to Alex I think I'll be fine."

"I'm sure she won't," Jesy assured the smaller brunette. 

"Yeah well I'm gonna go change," Jade said, standing up. "Even my clothes smell like her."

"Do you want your toast?" Jesy called.