Flashback 1 - The Engagement

So I'm going to write three one shots about three different events that happened during the 10 years that were skipped from chapter 19 to 20. I'm going to do (in order):

- Their engagement

- Jade's pregnancy and the birth of Anna

- The wedding

So, the engagement is set about 9 years before chapter 20. Enjoy folks :)

"Hello?" Jade said, holding the phone up with her shoulder as she set the large stack of paper on  the desk, nodding at Danielle to take the papers away. 

"Hey babe," Perrie said cheerfully, her voice sounding through the phone making Jade smile. 

"Is it Perrie?" Danielle asked, wiggling her eyebrows at the Geordie. 

Jade rolled her eyes, turning away from the taller brunette.

"It is then!" She heard Danielle's gleeful shout as she walked out of the room. 

"So what's up?" Jade asked, sitting back down at her desk and shooing Danielle from her room. The taller brunette's head disappeared from the doorway, but not before she'd stuck her tongue out at the petite Geordie. 

"I got Lily a sitter," Perrie said, and Jade frowned in confusion, waiting for Perrie to elaborate. Finally, Jade realized that Perrie couldn't see her and she'd have to actually say something. 

"Oh?" She replied. "And you're telling me this now because ... ?"

"Because I made reservations at your favorite Italian restaurant tonight," Perrie said cheerfully. "I thought we could go out and have some time to ourselves, since we rarely do that nowadays."

"Sounds good to me," Jade responded, thumbing through a stack of papers on her desk. "I might have to work a bit late tonight though. What time did you make the reservations for?"

"6:30," Perrie replied, and after Jade didn't reply, she spoke again. "You're not going to be home in time for that, are you?"

"Probably not," Jade sighed, dropping her head into her hands. "I'm sorry Pez. Your reservations were for nothing. I don't suppose you can call and change it?"

"No," Perrie replied sadly. "They said that they were packed full tonight, that was the only time they could squeeze me in."

"I'm really sorry baby," Jade muttered, glaring at the stack of papers. The clock next to her flashed the large numbers, 4:00, reminding her of how she wouldn't be able to make it in time.

"It's not your fault," Perrie replied, and Jade could hear the disappointment in her voice despite how much she tried to hide it. "We can do dinner another night, yeah?"

"Yeah," Jade said, fighting the urge to push the papers onto the floor. 

"Don't push yourself too much," Perrie said, making Jade smile slightly. "I love you."

"I love you too," Jade replied, her smile dropping as soon as the call disconnected. 

"Are you okay?" Danielle asked, coming into Jade's office with a packet of more papers. "You don't look happy."

"Stupid work is keeping me from Perrie," Jade grumbled. "She made reservations for dinner tonight and I won't be able to make it because of all these papers."

"Has she cancelled the reservations yet?" Danielle asked, her eyes bright.

"I don't think so, I mean she just hung up," Jade replied slowly. "Why?"