Chapter 14

I actually thought that I was going to have this book on hold forever back when it had only like 7 chapters. And now look where it is lmao 

I also highkey miss 2015-2016 Jerrie

Anyways thank you guys for turning down the hate a lil bit i would appreciate no hate but beggars can't be choosers. 

Enjoy :)

It was past midnight, the world was still and dark. The trees stood tall, shadows against the starry night sky. The houses up and down the road were all shut and locked, the shades drawn and the lights off, except for one house. The light was on in the guest room, and a silhouette of a woman moving around d could be seen through the curtains. 

Jade paced back and forth, occasionally picking up a shirt and throwing it into a cardboard box that was sitting on her bed. 

"Jade?" Jesy said softly, poking her head into the room, watching the younger brunette with worry. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting rid of everything that reminds me of Perrie," Jade said, throwing another shirt into the box. 

"Half of your wardrobe is in here!" Jesy exclaimed, coming over and peering into the box. "And isn't this the new shirt we just got you?"

"I can't look at any of this stuff without thinking of her Jesy," Jade said, throwing another shirt into the box, turning away so that Jesy couldn't see her eyes start to water. "And if I think of her I completely break down. I need to keep moving, and distract myself."

"Okay," Jesy sighed. "But I'm not going to let you actually get rid of anything here. Later on in life when you have moved on and are happy again, you might want one of these shirts again. You never know."

Jade paused and turned to face Jesy. "If you're so intent on keeping these, you can put them in the attic or something," she said, rolling her eyes. 

"Thank you," Jesy said, clearly relieved. "Now go to sleep."

"I already tried," Jade replied. "Perrie kept popping up in my head, so I'm probably not going to sleep tonight."

"You have to sleep Jade," Jesy insisted. "Sleep is important and if you don't get enough sleep your body won't be able to function properly."

"Well I can't right now, okay?" Jade snapped. "I wish I could sleep too but I can't, not until I can stop thinking about her."

Jesy frowned, eyeing the pacing girl sympathetically. The lack of sleep was already making Jade irritable. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy, and her long brown hair was tangled and messy. 

"If you still can't get to sleep after a few days we're going to get professional help," Jesy decided. 

"I don't need the help of anybody," Jade shot back. "I'm just a bit heartbroken. I'll get over it."

Jesy sighed, wrapping her arms around Jade's petite frame. "Don't get rid of everything," she said softly, releasing Jade and walking out of the room, pausing to give Jade a smile. 

Jade sat down on her bed, the matteress sagging slightly under her weight. 

What did I do wrong? The brunette wondered, sighing as a tear rolled down her cheek. 

************

"Good morning," Leigh Anne said cheerfully as Jade dragged herself into the kitchen. 

"Coffee," Jade grunted, pulling her body into a chair. 

"I thought you broke your coffee addiction," Leigh Anne remarked. "How about some tea instead?"