Chapter 17

I love Jade and Danielle's friendship so much. I miss their interactions, but not as much as I miss Jerrie interactions ofc

So yeah I'm continuing the book despite my threats because if I didn't write this I'd be writing nothing because otherwise I'm stuck with writer's block so yeah

Today was not Jade's day.

The restaurant Danielle had suggested was all the way across town, and Jade didn't have the car today. So the brunette had resorted to running through the crowded sidewalks, her once perfectly curled hair whipping around in the wind. 

By the time Jade arrived at the restaurant her hair was a tangled mess, and she was more than a few minutes late. 

"Reservation for Danielle," Jade panted, stopping in front of the desk. "Please!"

"Ah, you must be the other person Danielle was waiting on," the waiter said, eyeing Jade with obvious distatse. Jade tired to brush through her tangled hair with her fingers, smoothing out her dress with her other hand. 

"Right this way," he said, gesturing for Jade to follow him. Jade quickly scrambled after him, her heart beating wildly. 

They got to the table, and Jade's heart twisted at the sight of Danielle starting to reach for her bag, her expression full of hurt. 

"Danielle!" Jade said, rushing over to the table. 

"You're here!" Danielle gasped, her eyes shining with unshed tears. "I thought you weren't going to show up!"

"Here I am," Jade said, sliding into the seat opposite Danielle. "I'm so sorry, I didn't have the car today so I had to walk."

"You walked?" Danielle said in shock. "I could have picked you up!"

"Yeah," Jade said sheepishly. "I didn't want to have you drive me and get the reservation. It makes me feel bad, like I'm waiting on you."

"You're sweet to worry," Danielle grinned. "But next time just let me know."

"I still feel bad, my first time going on a date with you and I'm so late you almost left - "

"Jade!" Danielle gently interrupted Jade's rant, flashing the petite Geordie a smile. "It's okay, truly."

Jade nodded slowly, Danielle giggling afterwards. 

"Do you want to order?" Jade asked sheepishly, reflexively scratching the palm of her hand.

"Sure," Danielle said, reaching over and placing her hands on top of Jade's. "I want you to know that I'm not angry at you, I'm just happy that you didn't completely blow me off."

"I was the one who suggested the date, remember?" Jade replied.

"Yes, I suppose you did," Danielle said, laughing afterwards.

With Danielle's laugh, Jade felt her heart lighten. Maybe it wouldn't be as hard to date Danielle as she had originally thought.

"What can I get for you ladies today?" The waiter asked, coming over to them, his pad out.

************

"That was lovely Jade," Danielle sighed, leaning into the shorter brunette as the two walked down the sidewalk.

"I have to agree," Jade smiled, looking up into the blue sky. There was hardly a cloud floating overhead, and the sun was shining merrily. It was a perfect day.

"Where do you want to go?" Danielle asked. "I've planned everything so far, now I think it's your turn."

"I have a few ideas," Jade grinned, grabbing Danielle's hands and spinning to face the taller brunette. "But you'll have to close your eyes."