Chapter 19

I'd like some more Jerrie interactions in real life like please look at each other and smile like normal friends/human beings pls 

"What do you want to eat?" Jade called. 

"I don't know," Danielle replied, not even bothering to look up from the book she was reading. Jade peeked into the living room to see Danielle laying on the couch with her legs over the armrest, completely engrossed in the book Jade had bought her earlier that day. 

"You seem to be enjoying that," Jade remarked. Danielle simply hummed in reply and turned the page. 

Jade chucked and returned to the kitchen, fishing around for a decent snack. Jesy and Leigh Anne were out shopping right now, since they had forgotten to go last week. 

"Jade?" Danielle called softly. 

"Yeah?" Jade replied, coming into the living room and sitting beside Danielle, who had swung her legs around so they touched the ground. 

"Don't take this the wrong way," Danielle started, taking Jade's hands in hers. "But I think you should look for a job."

Jade sighed, releasing Danielle's hands and standing up. "It's not that easy," she replied frustratedly. "I've applied to three places and my application's been rejected at all of them."

Danielle stood and faced Jade, her eyes lighting up with an idea. "It might not be as hard as you think," she replied excitedly. "I work in an office and they need a new intern. You'll just be answering phones for a few hours, like five days a week or something. I can put in a good word for you!"

"You'd really do that?" Jade asked in shock.

"Of course!" Danielle exclaimed, lacing her fingers with Jade's. "You're hardworking, and you're my girlfriend. I'd do anything for you."

"Thank you Dani," Jade smiled, leaning in and kissing the taller brunette sweetly. "You're the best."

"I'm the luckiest," Danielle corrected, leaning her head on Jade's. "You're the best."

Jade just grinned, enjoying the comfort that Danielle offered. 

"We're home!" Jesy shouted, opening the door and shutting it with a bang, nearly knocking Leigh Anne over in the process.

"Jesy!" Jade exclaimed, running over to grab some of groceries out of Leigh Anne's hands before they fell over. "You almost killed Leigh!"

"I did not," Jesy replied indignantly. "You're fine, right babe?"

"Sure," Leigh Anne replied, rolling her eyes and walking into the kitchen. 

"See?" Jesy said to Jade. "You shouldn't worry."

"I think I have to," Jade muttered, following Jesy into the kitchen. 

Danielle watched them walk away with amusement. "Their friendship," she murmured. "I wish I had something like that."

"Okay, now that you're home I'm out of here," Jade said, rushing back into the living room. 

"Where are you going?" Danielle asked, her question echoed by Jesy and Leigh Anne. 

"To see Lily," Jade replied, grabbing her coat. "I want to make sure she's adjusting well to the hospital. Besides, I miss her."

"You're such a good person," Danielle said softly, walking over and kissing Jade's cheek. "Remember to look both ways before crossing the street."

"Yes mom," Jade said jokingly, pecking Danielle's lips before rushing out the door, Danielle giving Jesy and Leigh Anne a little wave before following the petite brunette.