Chapter 12

Hi pleaseeeee don't kill me i have to finish the book remember

I don't even know what is happening anymore in this book 

Jade raised her hand, her knuckles brushing the polished oak gently, and paused. After a minute, her hand dropped to her side. A few seconds later, her hand rose to meet the door again. A few moments later, her hand fell onto her chest, gripping the shirt over her heart. She turned toward the car, walked a few steps, stopped, and turned back to the door, her face contorted in thought.  

"She's been doing that for a while now," Jesy remarked, her eyes following the burnette's every move. 

"Should we go up and talk to her?" Leigh Anne asked worriedly. 

"No," Jesy replied. "If there's one thing I'm sure about, it's that Jade likes to do things her way, and she doesn't like people getting in the way of that."

"If you say so," Leigh Anne muttered, wringing her hands. 

"I do say so," Jesy said confidently, grinning as the soft sound of knocking met her ears. "See, I told you she could do it."

"It's not too early, is it?" Leigh Anne asked. "I mean, they've only been broken up for like three days."

"Three days in which Jade has had time to think, and realize that she left her phone charger over at Perrie's," Jesy replied. 

"That girl and her phone," Leigh Anne mused, an amused smile curving her lips upward. 

Jesy nodded, her eyes not leaving Jade as the petite Geordie stood on the porch, fidgeting with the sleeve of her sweatshirt. 

Jade's fingers toyed with the small hole she'd made in the sleeve of her sweatshirt as she waited anxiously for the door to open. She couldn't remember the last time that she'd been this nervous. 

Maybe I can't do this, she thought. Hopefully nobody's home. I'll just wait for a few more seconds, then I can leave and just go buy another charger somewhere.

Jade counted to ten, and, when nobody came to the door, she turned to leave. Just as she stepped off the front step, she heard the door open.

"Jade?"

Jade squeezed her eyes shut, her hands clenching at her sides. She counted to ten, then she slowly turned around to face Alex. "Hi Alex," she said through a forced smile. 

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked. "Do you want to come in?"

"Actually, yeah," Jade said. "I left some stuff here and I just wanted to pick it up."

"Here," Alex said, holding the door open for Jade. 

"Thank you," Jade mumbled, stepping inside the all to familiar house and feeling an overwhelming surge of nostalgia.  Swallowing the building lump in her throat, the brunette walked forward, looking around in search of anything that might have changed since she left. 

"Perrie's not home, if that's what you were wondering," Alex said, closing the door and coming to stand beside her.

"No, I know she's not here," Jade replied. "I know that she's probably at work."

"Ah. Right," Alex said. "I think she boxed up some of your stuff. It might be in the closet, if you'll wait right here."

"Sure," Jade said, watching as Alex disappeared around the corner. 

"Jade?" The brunette heard an all to familiar voice say. 

"Hi Lily," Jade said, forcing a smile onto her face at the sight of the little blonde.