14.

<workload>

Monday falls again and both Jungkook and Jimin are back to their usual working days.  They rarely met after coming to work together this morning  as both of them have their own things to do such as going through the proposals,  lunch meeting with clients and so on. 

Jimin cracked his neck as he leaned against his office chair,  feeling exhausted after half day sitting on the office chair. When he was about to go get a cup of hot tea, he was called to attend a meeting in the press conference room.

He acknowledged and rushed over to the venue to see almost half of their staffs filled up the room,  including Jungkook who already sat down at his position.

He smiled casually to him before settling himself on the chair opposite of Jungkook, facing him.

As the employees from different department gradually filled up the room, Secretary Choi cleared her throat and starts speaking, "the purpose of today's meeting is to announce that our company will be having a trip to JeJu island next week. This event is familiar for those who already joined us few years ago," she paused and scanned her serious gaze on each and every staff,  "for those who just joined us not long ago might not be familiar with this annual trip so the company do hope everyone participates actively."

Jimin actually enjoyed with the idea like this, he never joined his own family company trip because he tend to stay back to work his ass off.  But since now he is the assistant CEO, he should play a role in this.

He nodded as he had his infamous smile on his face.

"the schedule will be forwarded to your respective company email, if you have any questions feel free to approach me." secretary Choi continues as she flipped over her papers. 

"that's all for today's brief meeting, thank you everyone for attending and the minutes will be recorded and send to human resource." she checked through her files and realises that was the only information she wanted to deliver so she calls off the meeting.

Jimin then stood up and button up his coat before leaving the venue with other employees,  not bothering to stay any longer as he still has another project to examine.

When Secretary Choi was about to leave the room, Jungkook calls out for her that makes her stop at her tracks,  "yes Mr Jeon?"

"Miss Choi,  I was just wondering have you plan out the agenda and the tram building activities?"

"I was about to Mr Jeon. Is there any problem?" she faced Jungkook fully. 

"Ahh, that's great," he paused, "I wanna be in the same room with Park Jimin." he said.

"that's for sure, Mr Jeon. Since you and Mr Park are already engaged." her statement made Jungkook blushes like a red monkey that himself does not even noticed.

"not only that,  for every team building activity, I wanna be in the same group as him as well."

"I'm very sorry Mr Jeon,  I don't think I can promise you this because every year we always have two CEO in separate teams in order to bond with other employees."

"Jimin and I need bonding too Miss Choi!" Jungkook grumbled like a 5 year old kid.

"but you guys can bond at home.." Secretary Choi lowered down her volume,  yet still audible for Jungkook to hear her.

"yah, our company needs improvement that's why we need to change the rule right? I'm your boss so you need to listen to me." Jungkook crossed his arms,  talking to her more like a friend than a boss. 

"but-"

"no buts, Choi Jinri. Just obey me or I'll deduct your salary!" Jungkook then walked out of the place,  leaving Jinri standing there helplessly, had no choice but to listen well to Jungkook.

-
Jimin finally finished his last page as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. He stood up and about to grab himself a glass of water when he sees Jungkook standing there by the door.

"hey." Jungkook walked towards him and handed him a cup of Starbucks, "hot dark chocolate."

"t-thanks." Jimim accepted it gladly,  his cheeks turned into a tint of pink as he took a sip of that hot beverage.

Jungkook then lifted up his hand to cup Jimin's cheek, "you looked tired."

"yeah, was busy checking a few proposals." Jimin smiled faintly. 

"what can I help?" Jungkook rubbed his thumb against Jimin's tender skin.

"nothing. Because I know you're already busy with those meetings." Jimin pouted. 

"those are nothing to me than seeing your exhausted face, little monster."

Jimin bites his lower lip in embarrassment, he turned his head to avert gaze, but the rosiness on his cheeks gave her away.

"hey you,  look at me." Jungkook ordered,  making Jimin finally lifted his head to look at him, "I don't want to be burden by anything okay? If you need anything, just tell me. Big or small,  I'll be there for you no matter what."

Jimin only nodded his head in acknowledgement, not knowing what else to respond.

Without further hesitation, Jungkook just pulled Jimin into his embrace. The younger's hug was warm and his arms trapping Jimin's frail body, making him feel safe and sound.

Jungkook felt Jimin's soft skin under his, he bathed in the older's scent that smells like always - strawberry cheesecake, wanting this moment to last forever.

"let's go out for a date tonight." Jungkook whispered as he felt Jimin's arms tightened around his waist.

"to where?"

"wait for me at home," Jungkook snuggled closer to Jimin's neck, "I still have to meet up with my parents later and I'll go back after that."

Jimin nods his head gently, oddly excited about the date Jungkook is going to take him tonight.

Jungkook redraws himself from the hug and looked at Jimin in the eyes,  see you later,  baby monster."

With that,  Jungkook gave Jimin another smile before walking out of the room.

-
It was already 6pm when Jungkook was about to leave the office, his parents cancelled their meeting as they had something to do at the last minute.

Jungkook saw Jimin already left to home an hour ago but Jungkook stayed back to finish some work as he doesn't want his workload to pile up tomorrow. The upcoming project already bring tons of headaches to him.

He fished his phone into his pocket and took his coat before leaving,  can't wait to go home to be welcome by his fiancé.

As he opened the door,  he was shocked on spot. Words seemed to have stuck underneath the lump forming in his throat.

"A-Anastasia?"

Author's note:

Who's up for drama? Kekeke