Chapter 6: Operation Scorpion Sting (Part 1: the Planning)

Bard Music plays behind Stryder group as the squad, plus Iris dined in to a meal. From what Lutheor can willingly give out for free was a fist sized loaf of bread and a bowl of Stew. From what Samantha can deduct with her tongue as she tasted her food was what taste like a mediocre mix of mushrooms, onions, carrots and turnips if her mother has taught her anything. She has tasted better, much better. Even cheap diners back in the Homeworlds of the UFE had better food than this.

"Well, it's medieval food for normal people. What did you expect? Gordon Ramsay?" She said to herself.

The squad were waiting for the requested reinforcements from Colonel Polonsky. He has promised men and equipment for Sam's proposed 'Revenge Operation' against the Burning Horse Bandits. With promises of establishing a proper diplomatic opening with the newfound natives of Gliesia and some form of legitimacy at the fact that by technicality, the Eodem is trespassing in Tyr Rian and the last that the Governor, the Colonel and the Powers Above them, another bloodbath that the news feeds back home will tear apart. So in essence, the opportunity, if Lutheor's reassurance backed by Iris commendations are to go by was something that can't be missed.

"So, you think our boys will go through? I heard they are packing some big guns like Mounted HMG's and Grenade Launchers." Asked Kayin.

"Lutheor is going to use some of his Crazy Rich Dwarf influences to let them through. Judging by his character, he is going out of his way to help us." Samantha said.

"Well, I don't blame him. The sooner these Burning Horse Men are gone the better for everyone." Iris said.

"Tyr Rian will sleep soundly knowing they will be no more." Samantha nodded as she grabbed her bowl with both of her hands and drank up the last vestiges of food from it.

The Drunken Bastard Inn was thriving with life as Samantha observed her surroundings. Most of the folks were merrily drinking their troubles a way with mugs of beer and rows of dishes. Many of the establishments patrons were men but she noticed a few women too. The attire of the Tyr Rian people was what looked like work attire in suited to a Medieval technology such as Bakers, Huntsmen, some Guards who have finished their patrols, Milkmaids and the occasional rich merchant. This is in contrast to the Modern Military uniforms and equipment that Stryder Group wore hidden behind their cloaks not to attract attention among themselves.

The patrons would take rowdily and may even challenge themselves to drinking games like sugar rushed children. In her conclusion of her observations, the Drunken Bastard definitely earned its title.

As Samantha continued to peer her surroundings she spotted at the entrance of the building, Lutheor who was holding the Inn's Wooden Door to cloaked men who were carrying large military grade caches with them. Standing up, she can still feel the old scar of her recent injury from earlier that day when she was stabbed. Moving at a slow pace and careful not to trip over the bar patrons she made her way up to Lutheor.

"Lieutenant Rose, I heard what happened to you. Your going to be okay?" Asked Sargent Mendoza.

"Yes, it's just going to ache for a few days but I am still healthy. I am just going to have to be in the back for this op. So, what did you bring?" Asked Samantha.

"More ammo for you, a couple of MGL Grenade Launchers with HE rounds, an Anti-Material Rifle, C4 explosives, two of our Cruiser with a Mounted HMG plus yours that you asked for us to drive it here to you, so that makes it three Big Brownies. For the Manpower, other than me and my squad of seven I also got another Militia squad of five and 16 'Volunteers'." Answered Mendoza.

"Volunteers?" Samantha asked.

"Most of them are family of the six people who were killed during the attack. Then there's Father Rudy Bishop who is probably taking the whole 'Eye for an Eye' and 'Smite the Heathen's' a bit to seriously. But who am I to judge a fellow Catholic? I can't even be chooser right now." Mendoza replied.