Chapter 25: Operation Bakumatsu Part 1

Under direct supervision by an escort of UFE Marines and Doctor Lee Haneul, Aliathra worked tirelessly to remedy the poison that was afflicted by the dozens of people who were ailing by the Demon's Bane flower. She didn't say a word for the entirety of her time in the medical ward despite many of the people who were no suddenly relieved off of their sickness felt their strength return to them.

The curing process as they could describe was that the Elf would conjure a magical green bubble on her hands and holding the bubble close to the patient where the patient will involuntarily start to feel the motion to reach out. The disgusting refuse would be magnetically collected by the bubble before one of the escorting soldiers accompanying Aliathra would properly dispose of it at an 'Infectious Waste' labeled waste bin. Rinse and repeat. The Demonsbane was ungracefully purged out of the bodies of the afflicted one by one. Each patient took about 5 minutes to be properly cured off of the poison.

The Good Doctor couldn't tell if Aliathra was still undergoing some post traumatic silence from her previous ordeals. She read the report and she couldn't help but want to just give the poor girl a hug. It was a shame in her eyes to see such a beautiful woman, blonde waving hair and blue eyes catatonically save the afflicted people from the Poison Attack without so much as a word from her. She was like a robot as if the Metallic Heart and her new Ski Legged-like prosthetic legs that she is having some trouble standing upright without the sign of wobbling, but then again for the latter, it was normal for first-timers.

Among the recently cured were the first two individuals who were rescued from their brush of mortality, Governor Jeremy White and Prince Clovich Tyr Rian being attended by their own retinue of bodyguards.

"I have never seen a Priestess of Nenya before, and I never knew they were so beautiful." Prince Clovich commented as Aliathra made her rounds on the hospital beds.

"I don't know, she isn't very... friendly looking. I mean she isn't even blinking." White gave his piece on the Elf's uncanny demeanor.

"Elves, if what I was tutored is correct, are either working with close relations with Emperor Uldin as diplomats or as Grey Order members. They are very proud of themselves." Clovich explained.

"Let me guess, they're rich, lots of magic, and are really old when they all look pretty young?" the Governor answered with a question.

"Indeed. But to tell you the truth, I do not know how will they react to you. It seems that the elf has seemed to be quite... afraid. She must have gone through so many of your Knights, seen your great black flying ships and your means of magic. It is all still new to me but... I am enjoying what you bring to us... for Tyr Rian." Clovich humbly thanked.

The Governor let out an amused smile. It was like the smile a farmer made when his labor bore fruit.

"This reminded me you know Prince, of a story. This happened a long time ago. There was a Kingdom that used to be isolated from the world but then another nation who was hungering for fame, power, and hegemony sailed his 'Black Ship' to the isolated nation's harbor. The King of that isolated nation was scared and he tried to fire his arrow at the 'Black Ship' but it only angered the pride of the Black Ship's home country. He returned with several more of these Black Ships and demanded that if he doesn't apologize and open his doors to Black Ships nation, the Black Ships would enact revenge for its slighted ego. The King of that isolated nation, despite protests from his attendants, chose 'Dishonor' over death for he had not the power to defy their will." White began to tell the story.

"This happened to you? Your world?" Clovich leaned to his right to hear Jeremy's words closely and clearer.

"Happened in a place in my world. Japan is the name of the 'Isolated Kingdom' and 'the Nation' that opened her doors to the world was called the United States Americans. At the time, the Americans as we, for I am a descendant of, were finding their place in the sun, we were prideful and a strong people. The story goes when the Americans came to Japan, they showed the King of Japan about the outside world. We taught them the ideas of Great Smiths who have the skill of 1000 Blacksmiths working tireless day and night. Great Machines that ran faster than the fastest of horses and finally a realm of possibilities that wetted the King and his nation's appetite for more. The King, who we call 'Meiji' went to work sending out his best servants to all the four corners of my homeworld to learn more of these strange new powers and how to harness them for themselves. And if there's one thing I know about Kings is that they always seek more." Jeremy continued the story.