Chapter 46: an Angel draped in Crimson

"Tell all of your people to stay in their homes and not come out until WE say it is got it!" Governor White ordered the Tyr Rianni local leader his orders.

The Native bowed and took his immediate leave.

New Albany Governor's Palace was in chaos. The sight of ash clouds spewing forth and blackening the bright blue Gliesian skies from the north had caused a widespread panic in the region as the Natives and UFE Colonists alike scrambled for safety. In contrast of what was meant to happen today. Today was meant for celebrating the safe return of their dearly beloved son, Prince Clovich's return from his trip to Earth. All the formal fanfare and the groundbreaking press conferences were thrown down to the drain upon the Ostalrocs eruption. The Aparo Corpo's were busy locking down the streets of Tyr Rian whilst protecting their assets like any onward moving Capitalist would, the Tyr Rianni Guards worked in tandem with the Colonial Defense Forces in bringing order to the newly formed chaos across the Valley whilst Major Holyfield and Colonel Polonsky sheltered the Military Asset's used for the build-up for the invasion of the Imperial Mainland. Prince Clovich and his entourage fled inside the safety of the Governor's Palace during his tour of the UFE Settlement when the Mountains erupted.

ISAC's calculative predictions were apocalyptic if any of the Ostalroc's Volcano were to strike down upon Nirnkarim, there is virtually nothing stopping it from flooding downward into Tyr Rian and New Albany themselves as there will be little to no time evacuating the Colony nor to even store much supplies to hunker down with. A tsunami of ash from the Ostalrocs would essentially wipe them all clean off the face of Gliesia if not stopped. Not only that, the ash would plunge the continent, perhaps even the whole of Gliesia in an enveloping eclipse that threatens to choke all life on the world, creating an Ice Age for centuries to come.

The reports coming from Agent De Sardet at Nirnkarim were much bleaker due to their closer proximity to the Ostalrocs. All light coming down from Malynaris had been extinguished as a stygian blanket covered the town. It is said that in order to walk around safely through the ashen mist of the volcano was through the use of flood lights but even then, one is still visually impaired. The operation of 'turning the Ostalrocs blue' evaporated, exploded on their faces quite literally.

"Lord White! This has turned for the worst." Prince Clovich dolefully came apart. Anxious sweat dropping from his brow as he nervously skittered about around White's office.

"Do not say that Prince Clovich. My men are working with your men as we speak to get this all under control." Jeremy reassured him.

"The Volcano could bury us all before we can truly begin our work in modernizing Gliesia." Clovich wailed.

"Chush' sobach'ya!" a smooth voice entered the room.

A brown-haired man in a sharp pressed suit tramped haughtily inside the office.

"With that kind of attitude, we would have never tamed Mars and Venus." He spoke in a princely Russian accent.

He smiled at the two men as he politely bowed down on their honorable presence while keeping his suit in tip-top dapper order.

"Ya Vadim Yahontov, but you can just call me 'Vlad'. Ya the Senior Executive of the Benha—Pardon, Gliesia office of Maximov Engineering." He introduced himself.

"Ah, one of those people Emperor Shinharu speak so highly about... the... Me-ga-Corporations... or Kore-Poes as you call them." Prince Clovich recalled.

"Yes. Yes of course." Governor White nodded with a fake smile as he quietly stared adversely at the Corpo with Vadim returning the piercing beam of resentment back while the Russian maintained his diplomatic aura.