Chapter 31: Playhards (Part 1)

A scruffy but still together dark blue Varsity Jacket of West Point Military Academy which imprisoned Samantha's green buttoned-up shirt was all that she wore outside that brought her otherwise military demeanor to of a casual wearing young woman of 23 Autumns. She still had her Tactical Jeans (with a Pistol for protection just in case) and her Boots from her standard uniform but for the average Gliesian and even for Iris and Aliathra who have come to know the Redheaded leader of Stryder group is that she looks nothing as 'intimidating' as many of them would say of their first impressions. For Iris, she was wearing the same clothes she had bought from that boutique in Kesserheim that Aparo Corporation took the brunt of the bill for and by every playful glance of the mirror she sees herself dashing. For Aliathra she still wore her worn ranger armor with its Eesilfore Elm armor which is a tree bark that can be fashioned into armor that outperforms the protective properties of leather with the added benefit of being more receptive to magical enchantments that Elves always added as Iris informed the Lieutenant. For the Elf's case, she made her Ranger Armor have insulation properties against Fire of both natural and magical types.

"It looks like we are ready for our Girl's Night Out in the Town now." Samantha said.

Today was a special day or at least that's how Samantha entreated to the Vampire Witch and the former Elven Princess. It was 'Their' day.

"But it's still morning?" Aliathra raised.

"I mean... its Lady's Day." Samantha corrected herself.

"What is this 'Lady's Day' you speak of?" Iris asked.

"Well, it's just something us women in the Federation call when where women get together and go out and have some fun together." Samantha explained.

"You can just go out like this every now and then?" Iris asked.

"Yup, we do this so we can take a break from it all. No boys, just girls just doing girl things. You will get what I mean as time passes." Samantha reassured.

"Oh my." Aliathra blushed. "That must be a lot of Chaperones to keep an eye on them."

"With NO Chaperones." Samantha said.

The Elf Princess eyes widened at the second word of that sentence. She was flushed to hear such an idea of No supervision was unthinkable for her or any other Elven women for that matter. Her mother says that as a Lady of Alfel-Nora, there is a degree of separation that she must and those of her position must have with other folks. Soiree's under the eyes of the Royal Guards and having an attached company of Knights during her studies days at the Academy with her movements planned out for a decade such an unshackled and spontaneous time to just 'Go out' was the first-ever sprouting of freedom that Aliathra had ever heard of.

"We... we can go to that Museum, right? With the statues?" Aliathra asked.

"Yeah sure." Samantha nodded. "Why not?" the Lieutenant shrugged.

"The Bards must also be getting ready for their songs too. We can also catch that too after we look at the art exhibits." Iris mentioned.

Off the girls went to the Collègi o Soffestigadig Celf a Chrefft, otherwise known as the College of Fine Arts and Crafts. The Souviel sun radiated down at the idyllic Duchy as the locals merrily opened themselves up for the first hours of festivities. Some children were playing or waiting for the exciting events that are scheduled today such as the Games which also reminded Samantha that two of her squadmates were participating as an act of Diplomatic 'Goodwill' to Duke Thibault but she knew that this will be more of a Show of Force unless they decide to hold themselves back but in her own honest opinion she doesn't know which is the correct choice. To be perceived strong? Or to be perceived as just? Both had their own rights and wrongs.