Chapter 34: the (Counter-) Coup Part 2

Cocking Ruiner, Diaz gestured his accompanying Cortege of PMC's under Aparo-Payroll into the front door of the Embassy.

The door was enchanted with a protective forcefield that only Elves could pass through. Anyone else, and the force field would as it would often be programmed to be, repulse any intrusion attempts back with a non-lethal but very discouraging bolt of shock to the trespasser. This was a normal security measure for Elves when they want to restrict access to certain areas back in Alfel Nora.

Thankfully Aliathra, who had experience creating such Locks knows how to reverse it. It took several tense minutes of blending within plain sight of the crowds of festival-goers for Diaz and the rest of his Allies to await the Elf's 'unlocking' process.

The Embassy itself sat in contrast with the rest of the architecture of Old Souviel. While the surrounding buildings were of unpainted wood and plastered brick. The Elven Embassy, about 2 stories' high with immaculate architecture and aestheticism. It had no creases nor any gaps in between the fine details of the building as if the building erupted from the ground in its splendid form during construction. The embassy was also sporting a pallete of gold, white, green and blue shades of the Ethuilen Entente's colors that meshed together in strokes that invited inspiration with delicate flora, fearsome Elven weaponry and majestic Elven artistic refinement for all the rest.

"Form up." Diaz commanded.

Piling up behind Aliathra, Diaz and the rest of the Mercenaries checked their weapons and did a last-minute examination of their target. Judging by the sounds of the party, they know where the all-important Ambassador, Thelanil by his name as given by Aliathra.

After undoing the Magical Forcefield, Aliathra could only freeze in thought as she stared blankly at the Embassy's door knob with her hand out of reach except if she stretched out a few inches further. She began to think again of what brought her here in the first place.

She turned the nob of the Embassy door and pushed through. Yet her nerves tensed around her and her heart skipped a beat every step she took in the Embassy alongside her 'companions'.

For the Aparo Mercs, their first time seeing the cultural enclave of Elven representations was quite a rejuvenating experience when they passed by the Embassy's interior. Based on Diaz's experience in walking around Kesserheim, a Melting Pot in its own right, he can distinguish of Stile Liberty, the Italian Variant of Art Nouveau, a popular style dating back to the early twentieth century and has still been one for artsy Hipsters and Historophiles 'born in the wrong century'. He can observe two key distinctions, the structural and floral patterns on the furnishings upon first glance and along the Frescoes that covered the walls. The second figure was far more subtle and it takes a keen eye to notice that all of these items found were of artisanal quality. Made by hand yet also each furnishing is anatomically one of a kind from each other, as if the whole building doubled not only as a diplomatic outpost but also an art gallery.

"Hey, Alie. What's that over there?" Diaz asked.

He pointed to a Fresco with an azure view of an Elven City across a great blue bay. A silvery sun could be seen rising upwards to heaven. From the sky, its illumination beams downwards on the city.

"My Home, Ethuilen, Ser Diaz." Aliathra answered. "If my people don't take heed, then I am afraid you and I won't be able to see it." The Elf whimpered.

Alongside Diaz and their accompanying mercenaries, they walked quietly towards the celebratory cheers of Elven regale.

By Elven Law, she is a criminal entering the mouth of the beast. Word of her 'Corruption' should be known by now by all of the Royal Family and the Sefydliad. Her Heart and her legs, that she had covered in a thick pair of jeans and shoes provided by the UFE to disguise her obvious 'Sign of Corruption' were of unnatural design. Yet deep down, she knew she was still the same Elven Princess.