Ch 3

Nakia was the levelheaded one of Adele and Travis Jr's kids. Whenever a problem arose, she was the peacemaker, be it with her own personal issues, or being the mediator between two parties. She always tried to find the silver lining in any situation. This time was no different.

"I don't think he'll flip out that bad, now that she's there. Before he probably would have fought tooth and nail about her moving in. He can't do anything about it now. And besides, I think if we explain the extenuating circumstances, he may be more understanding than we're giving him credit for. You never know."

There was a slight pause on the line before Tucker, the person on the other end of the phone, spoke. "Are we talking about the same person?" he asked before scoffing, "..Y'all know that nigga gone flip his shit once he finds out that girl is there! And why! And WHO initiated all of this!" he said shaking his head. "Might as well start planning pops funeral now, cause Tripp gone kill him!"

(Tucker) was the indifferent one out the bunch. He never chose sides in any situation, because his perspective was always on the truth of the matter. It made him uncaring to how things came out, especially if it didn't concern him. It was the trait Nakia mostly hated about her youngest brother.

"Thanks for the ringing endorsement, Tuck." Nakia said sarcastically.

"Just keeping it 100." he shrugged as he took the exit he needed. It was a late, Friday evening and Tucker was headed to link up with the person he and his big sister were talking about. He wasn't lost as to why Nakia decided to call him, now, when he was en route.

Nakia wanted him to be the "bearer of bad news" to their brother, about their mother's house guest, but he wasn't about to be involved in this shit no more than he had already. "And I know what you up to. I'm not about to tell him a damn thing!"

(Nakia) sighed dramatically. "Come on, Tuck. You know he takes things from you better than the rest of us."

"Nah, y'all know I don't give a fuck about them little childish ass temper tantrums he throws so you trying to scapegoat this shit on me. Pops is right. Y'all want to pacify Tripp's feelings like he's Asher's age." he said shaking his head. "Too fucking old for that shit." It's not that Tucker didn't understood why Tripp was the way he was. Everyone did. Still, he wasn't about to condone his bitch fits.

Tucker could feel the defeat oozing from his sister through the phone as he rounded the corner and saw the extremely long line wrapped around Club Ozone. He knew that the grand opening of the newest night club in Panama City Beach, FL would be lit, but this shit was crazy! Tucker was already sensing  what kind of night this was going to be. "Let me call you back, man. I'm bout to pull up."

"We're going to finish this conversation later." Nakia told Tucker in an authoritative manner. He rolled his eyes before saying whatever and disconnecting the call.

Tucker went around back. He eyed the front entrance stacked with regular club goers, VIP attendees, valet, and the like with thanksgiving because he wanted no parts of that. It was too chaotic. He stopped at the gated area for club employees, security, and performers.

He presented his all access badge  his brother sent him to the security guard operating the gate, to let him in. He eased in and parked his 2016 black on black Dodge Charger next to some more chromed out, top notch vehicles.

Tucker checked out his fresh line up, peeking from under his camouflage, Supreme beanie cap in his rear view mirror before exiting his car. It was a little cool tonight, to say summer was right around the corner. In his tinted windows, he looked over himself as his gold chain and diamond earrings glistened in the lights outside the building.