Ch 18 Pt2

I'll put pics up in the next add. Too lazy right now. Didn't proofread, but enjoy!

Ivi stirred awake, her eyes fluttering open. The brightness from the overhead light in the room magnified the pounding headache she had. She lifted her hand to wipe the sleep and crust from her eyes but was restrained. Literally. Ivi looked down to see her hands tied to the hospital bed she laid in.

Handcuffed?! To a hospital bed?!

Ivi's first instinct was to try and free herself and scream. But then it all came rushing back to her. She settled in the bed, not wanting to endure another ordeal. That was how she ended up restrained in the first place.

The first time she came too, Ivi was fighting whoever touched her. The second time, she was restrained, and it scared her. She pulled and yanked at her restrains until she almost snapped her wrists in half. The sedative they gave her each time had to be strong enough to knock her out. Otherwise, Ivi would have caused herself and anybody else serious injury, she reasoned.

She'd done it before.

Now that Ivi was awake, she had time to process everything since it happened. She sighed with a sudden sense of tension but relief. It was obvious everyone knew her rapist was at this point. Ivi wondered what would happen from here, with everything!

Ivi's survey of the room deemed that they, being the doctors and staff, hadn't thought she was completely crazy. The room was all white and padded. That was a good sign. A loud snore from the corner of the room, jarred Ivi from her thoughts.

There, laid out on a seemingly uncomfortable couch, was Tripp. It was weird how she could always miss his bulky frame in plain sight most of the time. Ivi smiled small at him. She was happy that he was there. Ivi had the sudden urge to touch him, hug him and thank him.

She also needed to pee.

On cue, her room door open. A nurse, Ivi guessed, came in and froze with wide eyes when she saw Ivi was awake. The poor woman must have been on the receiving end of one of Ivi's rants. She looked like she had the fear of God in her when she 180'd out of the room. She came back a few seconds later with a room full of people.

Ivi tried to get them to be quiet by shushing them. She motioned her eyes toward Tripp, not to wake him. He looked so tired. One of the men in the room, nodded.

He in turn spoke quietly. "Hello. I'm Dr. Davis. I'm a psychotherapist here and Pensacola Med. How are you feeling, Ms. Nance?" he asked with a polite smile.

Ivi cleared her dry throat as much as possible to speak. One of the nurses moved to grab a cup of water for Ivi to sip to ease the roughness. "I would be better if I wasn't tied down to a bed, but for the most part, I'm well as could be expected."

"That's good to hear. As far as your restrains, it's just a safety precaution until we deem it okay for you not hurt yourself or others."

Ivi nodded. "Can I at least go to the bathroom?"

"Yes. Two of our nurses can escort you.."

"Two nurses to escort me." Ivi deadpanned. "Wow I must have caused some serious damage." Her skin crawled, thinking.

"No need to fret." Dr. Davis said, not wanting Ivi to work herself up. "No real injuries were caused while you've been here. I'm going to let you go to the bathroom, and when you're done, we'll do a little evaluating."

Ivi nodded as two men began to undo her hands. She looked between the two men with concern. Were they the ones who would escorting her? Did the doctor think she would overpower two women if they took her instead?