Ch 20 Pt 2

Ivi knew by the look on Tripp's face that Renna had forewarned him that Paula and Sonny were in attendance. He looked none too happy but not surprised at their presence. Tucker and Kia were blocking his path as Ivi walked up to him. She broke through their barrier and grabbed his tense arm, pulling him toward her. "Walk with me.."

The look of death Tripp shot at Paul and Sonny was enough to make everyone within 20 feet shiver. Even Mama A touched his arm, sensing his strong animosity. Tripp looked to his mother, hurt for her and anger mixed in his eyes. If Ivi's daughter and Asher wasn't standing in their presence, he would have a field day going in on the two.

"What the fuck they doing here?" he asked once they were out of ear shot of everyone. He kept a watchful eye to make sure Paula said nothing to his mamma, or that Sonny didn't get out of pocket.

"I'm not sure. We hadn't got to that part yet. It was only reacquaintance and introductions done. We were going to get more in depth while we here." Ivi answered.

Tripp looked down at Ivi with a disdained appearance. "I don't like this, baby. I mean what's their angle? Why they got to be here when you're trying to get to know your child..."

"Same thing could be said for you. I know Renna has been sending messages of a play by play to you, but that didn't mean you and everyone had to come here..." Ivi reasoned, but Tripp cut her off.

"Well excuse me for trying to have your back. All of us.."

"Don't get an attitude with me because you're in the wrong. I specifically asked you to let me do this on my own..."

"You think I was about to let you be around these people?! Alone?! Once Renna texted me and told me what was good, I was half way here before I sent her a reply back. You don't know what motive they got for being here..." Tripp was going off so quick he had to calm down. He sighed, taking a deep breath. "I'm just looking out for you baby. I love you and want to protect you. If I'm capable of doing that, just let me..."

"I need to try and take care of myself sometimes, Travis. I had it!"

"I know.." Tripp said solemnly.

"..but I'm glad you all came." Ivi said sweetly, before pecking his cheek. Tripp smiled down at her, a tint to his skin that he would never admit to. "Now come on before something pop off.."

Tripp scoffed. "They know better. Paula and Sonny both have had their asses handed to them by my mamma and me. They don't want none!" he replied, gabbling Ivi's hand and walking back toward the group. He noticed the beautiful little girl in attendance, scrutinizing their hand holding with an intense stare.

Tripp couldn't believe he was looking at Ivi's daughter. He stared back at her, embedding her features. She had mother's eyes, freckles, and bushy hair, Tripp saw immediately. As he observed her, he couldn't but to feel a certain type of way. It was weird.

Tripp was undoubtedly happy for their reunion. He was excited about getting to know the little girl, seeing if she had any of her mother's mannerisms and quirks. He was also...a little jealous. But not in a bad way, if you could say that.

Why? He felt foolish in admitting it, so he kept it buried deep, so no one could pick up on it. "Hello. You must be the angel of the hour." he said nicely. "I'm..."

"Tripp. I know you." Ivi's daughter answered matter of fact. Still, with the same look.

Everyone was taken aback. "Uh, Sparrow..how do you know him?" Paula asked.

"He's Claire's husband. Mommy, why are you holding Claire's husband's hand?"

Tripp could have hit the floor at the word 'mommy' being said to Ivi. It just...did something to him.