Ch 21

One more add to go...enjoy!

Noo!!

Please! Let me go!

I have a family!

Please!! Don't do this!

Don't take me away from them!

My life can't end like this! Please!

No!!                   Nooo!!!               NOOOOOO!!!

"Ivi! Baby wake up!"

"Huuuuuuhhh!!" Ivi shot up with a fright. She clenched her chest, her heart beating a mile a minute. Her body was cold from the sweat pouring out her skin. She tried to steady her ragged breathing as she thanked God it was just a dream.

Or was it?

Ivi looked franticly around the bedroom she shared with Tripp, to make sure she was in a safe place, before her bulged eyes landed on Tripp. He looked worried. Really worried. "Baby what's going on? This is the fourth dream you've had like that this week."

Ivi shook her head. "I told you it's..."

Tripp threw the covers off them both. "Stop saying that it's nothing. Ever since you came home from school the other day, you've been acting strange."

Ivi got out the bed, heading toward the bathroom. She needed to splash her face with some water or something. Ivi knew this conversation was inevitable; couldn't keep avoiding it. She just dreaded having it.

Like Ivi knew he would, Tripp followed her into the bathroom. He looked ready for a battle, his huge arms folded across his broad, bare chest. Tripp wasn't about to let this go on another day without getting to the bottom of Ivi's issue.

6 months ago, this was normal behavior. Ivi bottling stuff inside and waiting till it became too much, only for her to have an episode of some kind. Tripp wasn't having it; wasn't going to do the pussyfooting around anymore. "Talk, Ivi."

As she dried her face, Ivi looked into Tripp's. She sighed before dropping her bombshell. "Theron...came to see me at school the other day."

Tripp became like a statue. Not moving or blinking. Ivi had to touch his arm before he flinched, only slightly. "Say that..one more time. I think I just hallucinated."

Ivi sighed. "You see, that's why I didn't want to tell you..."

Before Ivi could utter her next word, Tripp slammed his hand into the nearby wall so hard, he left a dent. "Are you serious right now, Ivi?! The guy that raped you, the one that has a pending trial for what he did to you and for drug trafficking, came to your school and you're just now telling me this?!"

"I didn't want to make it into a big deal.."

"Stop talking, Ivi. Please! Because all the shit you're saying right now is only making me more pissed off! That nigga Speedy T hurt you!! He could've done the same thing, again, because he ample opportunity. You've been back to school every day since then! What kind of shit..."

Tripp had to stop talking himself at that point. He couldn't wrap his mind around what Ivi just said. The predicament she'd place herself in. Her safety, hell her life and that of others were placed in danger and she acted like she was dismissing the encounter as nothing.

Tripp was beyond infuriated. He knew that at some point Ivi would come to terms with what happened. She had come to love Sparrow, so how she got here wasn't erased from her mind. Yet, he didn't see Ivi being just all 'kumbaya-ish' the next time she saw her attacker. Apparently not.