Ch 4

Day 11

...You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Don't let anything, past present or future, alter your thoughts of you...

...What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Your past didn't take you out then, don't let it take you out now...

...You're a lady, so you will always carry yourself as one...

...Speak clearly. Dignified, but not uppity. Four letter words are for hood girls. Big words are for stupid girls. Find a middle ground because articulation is important...

...Don't hold your head down so much. Being meek and humble are okay, but don't give off the impression that you're easily intimidated. It shows you lack confidence and people will run all over you...

...Your body is a temple. Inside and out. Your mind should be clear. Your body, centered. Your heart, open. And your soul, whole. If there are some things you don't like about yourself, change them. But in AND with good ways...

....Slouching when you walk or sit will cause you to look like a Hunchback. Shoulders square, back straight. Knees together and ankles crossed when seated. A lady reveals nothing...

....If you're talking to someone, maintain eye contact. It shows respect and that you're engaged...

I think I've been taught more rules and approaches to life in the last week and a half, than I've learned my entire 21 years of living. Shit is hard, yeah...I'm sorry, let me say that correctly...It's been quite tedious. But, I'm managing. Ms. Adele has really been pouring into me mentally and emotionally. Sometimes it can be overbearing. I've dubbed her Colonel Chalmers when she's in high gear. Swear when I wake up in the morning sometimes it feels like I'm a little girl again, back on the Air Force base in England. I know she means well though and that nothing she tells me is to steer me wrong, even if I don't take heed to it the first time around...

(Ivi) had never been to a church like this one before. Her first time attending, the Sunday prior, she left the large edifice complete shook and somewhat horrified. How does one leave church scared? Ms. Adele had warned her that her church was radical, but Ivi didn't know what she meant.

Just as last Sunday, the praise and worship team opened with a song that seemed more so on a secular side than church. They had some kids out front who danced along to the song, that rivaled any dance battle team from that MTV show where all the teams were pop-lockers or twerk champs.

Then, things switched to more than half the congregants, including Ms. Adele, yelling and screaming in some foreign languages that Ivi had never heard before.

One lady even passed out on top of Ivi after moving her feet like lighting and talking in the different tongue. Ivi figured she had warn herself out and needed a nap. But why did the woman have to land on her though like she was a bed?

(Ms. Adele) had to hip Ivi to her inter-denominational religion that was all inclusive to different versions of Christianity. It was all so new to Ivi, but for this Sunday's service, she was much more prepared. Ivi enjoyed the minister. She had never seen a woman pastor before.

Pastor Marshall spoke on the seven deadly sins this Sunday and how they can play off each other, leading us on a road to damnation. Ivi listened and took in Pastor Marshall's words, applying them to her life, in retrospect. Just like she had in the lessons Ms. Adele was teaching her, currently. It was eye opening to say the least.

"That was a wonderful message, Pastor! Thought provoking." Ms. Adele said speaking to Pastor Marshall at the exit door of the church after service. Pastor Marshall made it a habit to greet and say bye to the congregation each Sunday.