Ch7 Pt2

Small add

'The Conversation'

Tripp walked out the terminal, looking for the Uber that was described on his phone app. Thankfully the white SUV pulled up within a minute, so that he wouldn't have to endure Florida's blistering summer heat. August was always the hottest month of the year, but with record breaking temperatures this year, it was almost unbearable to be outside during peak hours.

Tripp wiped at his brow as he placed his luggage in the trunk of the car before hopping in. The driver spoke and confirmed his destination. "We're headed to 59th and Peoria correct?"

"Yeah. Common Point Plaza." Tripp replied, texting away on his phone. He wanted the people who were waiting on him to know he was on his way.

While he texted, he thought about possibly buying a car in this area, so he wouldn't have to Uber so much or rent cars when he came. Tripp was frugal with his money and these $20-$50 rides back and forth was staring to become redundant. With the money he'd spent in the last two months on transportation, including flights, another story altogether, he could have bought two cars. It was definitely on the table now, among other things.

The ride to the strip mall took about 30 minutes. Tripp had to fight his smile most of the way there, so that the driver didn't think he was some kind of crazy person. He played scenario after scenario of what might transpire once he arrived. Tripp knew that everyone in attendance of this gathering wouldn't be thrilled to see him, outwardly anyway.

Tripp couldn't wait to see her face...and not just her reaction.

He told the driver he appreciated it and hopped out. With his spare key, he placed his luggage in the back of the Red Range Rover he helped to pick out for his mamma's birthday gift last year. Tripp hadn't made it but a few feet before he was stopped by a fan.

"OMG! It's you! I was at the party you and Speedy T hosted in Tallahassee last week! OMG y'all was lit! I love you sooo much! Will you take a picture with me!!" the girl squealed, completely ignoring her husband or boyfriend or whatever standing next to her.

"Of course. 'Preciate the support." Tripp said humbly. One thing about being who he was, he never took it for granted. Tripp could honestly say he wasn't always like that. Some might still feel like he was bigheaded. He enjoyed the attention and recognition, no doubt, but he knew that it could all fade away in the blink of an eye. So, he showed love to get love.

The girl shoved her phone is ol' boy's hands to take the pic of them. Dude mugged Tripp before finally obliging his woman's request. She thanked Tripp graciously before walking away, still screaming and reeling. He shook his head and moseyed inside the restaurant. He spotted his mother who inconspicuously winked her eye at him. He saw her shuffle to get up from the booth and he heard her say to the person across from her about going to restroom. When Adele made her exit, Tripp casually swooped in on her side of the booth.

Ivi jumped, startled by the sudden arrival. When she saw who it was, her face registered looks of shock and being peeved. "What are you doing here? Again!" Four times of seeing Tripp in under two weeks was double that too many. 'Did he ever go home and stay there', Ivi thought.

Ever present and always near, its like Tripp was smothering Ivi at this point. Before, his frequent visits were to pick on her, harass her. Now?! Now Tripp was being...nice and concerned and overbearing. If Ivi didn't think she'd have another attack, she'd prefer to have Tripp treat her the way he use to. At least then she would know how to act around him. Standoffish and as far away from him as possible. He wouldn't allow that at this point and it made Ivi discombobulated.