Chapter 18: Halloween Bash

Hey guys! So I'm going to continue doing this 3rd person thing instead of writing from just Julie's perspective, so I hope you all enjoyed that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Julie!" exclaimed Sugar as she and Sam walked into the apartment after a very awkward and silent walk. "I've got something for you. Come on!" She grabbed Julie by the hand and dragged her over to the bathroom. 

"You," said Bree to a sad-looking Sam. "Have a seat, quickly."

"What for?" said Sam as he join Bree and Kitty on the couch, where Bree was curling her hair and Kitty was straightening hers.

"Have you dated anyone while you were here?" asked Bree. "You know, since you graduated?"

"Umm, why?" Sam asked, confused.

"Just answer the question Evans," Kitty insisted. "Have you?"

"Uh, not really dated," he said. "Hooked up with a model here and there."

"There's your first issue," Kitty said.

"I'm sorry?" he responded.

"Look, Julie likes you," said Bree. "I wouldn't be pushing her to you if she didn't."

"But she knows the type of guy you are," said Kitty.

"And what type of guy is that?" Sam asked them.

Kitty and Bree looked at each other briefly. "A flirt," said Kitty as Bree said, "A whore." 

Sam looked at Bree briefly before turning to Kitty. "So I'm friendly," he said. "I'd never cheat on her. She knows that."

"But no girl wants to compete with 'a model here and there'," said Kitty. "Besides, you've dated like everyone in glee club. Quinn, Santana, Mercedes, Brittany... That nurse, seriously what was that all about?" Sam thought about this for a second but was interrupted before he could respond.

"We're done!" exclaimed Sugar. "Or we will be in approximately forty-five minutes!" She emerged from the hall with Julie slowly behind her. Julie's hair, which was clipped into a bun, was dripping onto the towel she had wrapped around her shoulders.

"What's going on?" asked Sam.

"We're dying her hair," said Sugar.

"Back to black?" he asked.

"Blonde," Sugar said.

"What?!" Julie and Sam said in unison. 

"Umm," said Sam, "I have to go get ready..."

When he left the room, Julie turned to the other girls, panicked, and hissed, "Our outfits match and we're in a really awkward place. I can't wear the Amber dress!"

"Perfect," said Kitty with a smile. "I'll switch with you."

"But then you--," Julie told her, confused.

"-will have an excuse to not wear something I've already been seen in," she said. "I couldn't find any last minute costumes, if not I'd have a great one. But if we trade I'll be sporting something new. Plus, I'm the only one your size."

"Only because you bitches are short," said Bree. "I'm just as skinny."  Kitty rolled her eyes.

"A lot of us are using costumes from the school, huh?" said Sugar with a smile. "I mean, I'm gonna be a Pink Lady and I'm pretty sure Marley is going to be Sandy."