Chapter 31: Film Do-It's

To everyone who's been wondering (only like 2 people, but that's enough), the video Jake and Ryder made with Julie is essentially a rip-off of the actual performance of Jake and Ryder's Unchained Melody from Girls (and Boys) on Film (season 4). In the show, Jake sings to Marley and she pictures herself with Ryder instead, kissing and shifting between being sung to by him and Jake as she watches herself be a disaster. I loved the concept on the show and although I didn't follow that storyline here, I couldn't leave the performance out! So instead, it's the video Jake, Ryder, and Julie (in place of Marley) created. Hope you liked it and will like the rest in this chapter!
-------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm really excited to see these!" exclaimed Mr. Schue once the glee club had gathered. "So without further ado, let's get started. Who wants to go first?"

Bree immediately raised her hand. Mr. Schue nodded and began setting up their video. Bree stood and addressed her peers. "As you all know, our song was 'Call Me' by Blondie, which was the Theme Song for American Gigolo. The movie is basically a crime drama about an escort who becomes involved in a murder case. With the help of some of you as our extras, we have recreated some of the movie's most memorable scenes in our music video."

She took a seat as Mr. Schue began to play the video. It was certainly thrilling. First there was Sugar, lying on a bed as she hands Joe some money. Joe dressed like a tool; Marley was reminded of Macklemore in his 'Thrift Shop' music video. Shana played a detective and Bree was a beautiful woman who appeared to be in love with Joe's character. The rest of the scenes were pretty intense, but it was nothing that the room couldn't handle. When the video was over, everyone clapped and Mr. Schue gave them a quick review.

"I especially loved the fact that you took the main plot moments," he said, "and recreated them in a school-appropriate way. Great job ladies."

Amity and Dan showed theirs next. They didn't really provide an explanation for their video, which was a recreation of Billy Idol's video for Ford Farilane. The scenes they created were different scenarios of people falling in love, which featured most of the glee club members, except for Julie, John, Kitty and Alex. The video showed them meeting, getting into adventures, fighting, and making up, with cut scenes of Amity and Dan singing in a rock band-- Joe, Marley and Ryder playing the guitar, keyboard, and drums for them. It was a pretty fantastic video and reminded all of the Billy Idol fans in the room of why they were fans to begin with.

"That was great," said Mr. Schue when it was over and everyone had stopped clapping. "You two make a fantastic duo." Dan glanced at Alex and smiled. Although there was nothing going on between Amity and him, he didn't mind if people thought so if it irritated Alex.

Next the group watched Rory and Harmony's video after a lengthy introduction of the movie by Harmony.

"I'm pretty sure every one in here knows what the movie's about," Julie mumbled, annoyed. Harmony grinned at her before sitting down and pretending she hadn't heard her. The video was just what they'd planned it to be, a mini-story of Rory and Harmony hunting ghosts and such spirits around McKinley, including many elements from the movie. In the end, Sugar appears-- under bed sheets with holes cut into them-- and says, "Boo!" making them run off scared. The group laughed as the movie ended, but Julie was not amused.

As Mr. Schue commended their voices, Bree leaned into Julie and whispered, "It's about time you get a rival in the room." 

Julie rolled her eyes. "We are not rivals," she hissed back.

"Well then it's about time someone doesn't like you," Bree responded, laughing. 

"Marley and Unique," said Mr. Schue. "You ready?" The girls nodded.