Chapter 63: Looking For Salvation

"I love Thursdays," Kitty told Shana as she approached her. 

"Umm, yeah, sure..." Shana murmured, weirded out by the fact that she was being spoken to by the Cheerios. She'd been good friends with them at first, but they, especially Kitty, had stopped talking to her.

"Perfect day for another all-girl number," Kitty said. "Don't you think so? Maybe solos from those of us who didn't get to sing last time."

"You know what..." Shana mumbled. "Yeah... Yeah, that sounds like a great idea."

"Perfect, so what--" Kitty began, but Shana had already left, not interested in what Kitty had to say.

***

"No lunch rehearsal today," Sam said as he passed by Julie and Ryder. "Spread the word." The two hardly had a chance to nod back when Sam was already at the other end of the hallway and disappearing around the corner.

"Thank God..." Ryder mumbled, sighing. "We get to have lunch all to ourselves." Julie frowned. "Or not..." he added questioningly.

"Sorry..." she responded. "The girls have been wanting to have some sort of female group meeting and if I miss anymore Bree and Kitty will kill me."

"Wouldn't want that," he said, kissing her lightly on the cheek. "Well, I guess this means I'll see you later. Maybe I'll catch up with the guys and gather them for our own meeting."

"After Tuesday I really doubt they're up for more male bonding," she said, smiling. "See ya dork."

"Later nerd," he responded, heading for class.

***

When Jake arrived at the locker room during lunch, the first thing he said was, "This is the worst place we've ever met up in. And now it's where we're going to eat. Why are we meeting?"

"The girls are meeting," Ryder shrugged.

"Are we girls?" Alex asked him, rolling his eyes. When Joe and John walked in, however, he grinned and said, "Now that we're all here though... Joe, is it true?"

"Is what true?" Joe asked.

"That you and Bree are hitting it!" Alex said in a vulgar way that made Joe wince.

"Umm..." Joe mumbled. "No man. Not really, no..."

"Then tell us what's going on!" Dan exclaimed.

"Now we're gossiping like girls?" Ryder asked Alex, who ignored him and turned to Joe.

"Spill the beans bro," he told him.

***

"First order of business in the Ladies of McKinley meeting," said Kitty, heading the discussion with Bree standing next to her. Turning to the brunette, she asked, "What's this I hear about you and Joe?"

Bree's face flushed red. "We aren't--"

"Don't try to hide it, girl!" Shana shrieked. "We know everything!"

"We do?" Sugar whispered.

"Shh..." Shana told her.

Bree sighed. "Do you really?" she asked.

"Oh my gosh, is it true?" Kitty asked, appalled although a smile was forming from cheek to cheek.

"Okay..." Bree began nervously. "Maybe there's a little something there!" The girls burst into cries of excitement and surprise, except for Julie, who sat back quietly and tried to be entertained by this. She was shocked just like everyone else, she just wasn't as amused as she normally would've been.